By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2014 NPD Thread! Everything is up!

Super excited! Tagging!

Around the Network

Today is the day Pachter is Going to prove to the world that analyst are >>> then us Vgc Users at predicting (and in general know why they get paid the big $$$)

PS4 475k
XBOX1 235k
WiiU 97K

Source: pulled from my bum

tbone51 said:
Today is the day Pachter is Going to prove to the world that analyst are >>> then us Vgc Users at predicting (and in general know why they get paid the big $$$)

"In contrast to Reggie, I’m paid to be objective. I am almost NEVER 100% correct, and neither I nor the people who pay me expect me to be. We are paid to be “close enough,” and to provide investors with objective views about the future. When talking about what will happen in the future, all that really matters is that we’re rational, logical, thoughtful, thorough and remain unbiased. That’s why I’m not held to a batting average. The reason you and other members of the press ask me questions is that I’m accessible, responsive, colorful, and more often than not, am credible." - Michael Pachter

tagging

Around the Network

I don't have any better plans, I got myself some beer and I'm kind of in a bad mood, perfect day for NPD. This whole thing starts in about 3 more hours right? So maybe only about 8 more hours until we finally have all the information, yeah...

It's gonna be a fun night.

tl;dr: tagged

mornelithe said:
tbone51 said:

"In contrast to Reggie, I’m paid to be objective. I am almost NEVER 100% correct, and neither I nor the people who pay me expect me to be. We are paid to be “close enough,” and to provide investors with objective views about the future. When talking about what will happen in the future, all that really matters is that we’re rational, logical, thoughtful, thorough and remain unbiased. That’s why I’m not held to a batting average. The reason you and other members of the press ask me questions is that I’m accessible, responsive, colorful, and more often than not, am credible." - Michael Pachter

Generally something I'd agree with and I actually like Pachter quite a lot (definitely more than the majority of this forum) but this time he isn't "close enough" this time he's totally off the mark.

Boutros said:
binary solo said:
Boutros said:
24 hours to go for real this time!

You haven't updated the OP with Wedbush's well publicised PS4 and Xb one prediction.

Done!

Pachter is also expecting 85,000 Wii U's

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

DerNebel said:
mornelithe said:

Generally something I'd agree with and I actually like Pachter quite a lot (definitely more than the majority of this forum) but this time he isn't "close enough" this time he's totally off the mark.

Yeah, the point was to show he isn't paid to be right.  And I agree, there's honestly nothing that suggests his numbers are accurate, especially the PS4 numbers.  Definitely expect an XB1 bump, but to predict the PS4 will have virtually the same weekly baseline as August?  Seems...completely illogical.

How much time left?