By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 December Launch In China

Packaging in december? it's looking like an early 2015 launch. but 200k per year? Seems low compare to the x1

Praise the One.

Around the Network

Congrats Sony and China. Really glad to see consoles make it to china. Lets just hope it all plays out well. We just need games to be approved which i think should be fine. SHould be a good december for PS4 with a chinese boost plus holiday sales

Phronesis said:
I am ignorant about the situation on China. Can they afford a console? They seem to win so little money with their exhaustive jobs...

Well I'm sure if they all chip in they should be able to afford at least one console between them. They might even be able to afford one per village.

So December isn't actually launch by the sound of things. It seems like they will be packaging up China skus in readiness for launch in 2015. Chinese New year is 19 Feb. So might they target that week?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Burek said:
Only 200K annually, when XOne shipped 100K just for launch, and said that their plan is 1M first year?

I would have thought PS4 can sell that many at launch.

Perhaps that 200K was just for 2014, if they plan to launch in December.

200k and 1M are both expecations.   neither number is results.  before this gen started MS was aiming for a 1 billion conosole generation (not just xbox) and i think we know how that is going to end.   200k seems like a more reasonable expectation, imo.

Arkaign said:
HollyGamer said:
It's time for Playstation total world domination's if the shipping number is bigger then Xbox one, there is possibility outselling Xbox one number that had been sold there.

Eh, it'll be a cripple fight in China. These things are novelties at best.

Let's generously guess FW X1 sold through 60k. With iPhone6 launching shortly afterwards, the 2nd and 3rd week would look something like 7k and 4k, respectively, making a bulls-eye shot towards 1-2k/week baseline. And that's even fairly optimistic to be honest. There's not a precedent for people sustaining home consoles there, and as we can see in South Korea, a market that's fully invested in PC + Phone + MMO is pretty useless for a console to bother in.

PS4 might 'win', but it's a phyrric victory in a market so tiny and irrelevant.

X1 lifetime might .. miiiiiiiiight stretch to 400k in China over a few years. Even if PS4 doubled that, it's still peanuts.

you seem to know so much about a market that ahs not had any official slaes tracking in 14yrs at best. The amount of ignorance levied against china is baffling. This is a country that borrows NA money for crying out loud. Its also a country that sold bought 1M iphones in a month and is projected to sell 15-24M iphones per year. This is a country that currently indirectly owns an increasing number of companies in the free world.

I don't know how well or poorly consoles will sell there, but I thnk its just silly to conclude that they won't. Especially when everything else shows that they can. The funny thing about china, is that if just 1% of their population are interested in buying consoles, thats already over 13M people right there. I can't even begin to understand the logic in thinking that a country with a population of over 1.3B people will not have at least 5M people willing to buy consoles over the next 6 years.

The numbers or logic suggesting such just doesn't add up.

Around the Network

I'm just glad there allowing consoles into the Chinese market now.

It will be a huge boon to gaming in the years to come.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Finally. I can't wait to see the 1st day numbers.

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

Intrinsic said:
Arkaign said:
HollyGamer said:
It's time for Playstation total world domination's if the shipping number is bigger then Xbox one, there is possibility outselling Xbox one number that had been sold there.

Eh, it'll be a cripple fight in China. These things are novelties at best.

Let's generously guess FW X1 sold through 60k. With iPhone6 launching shortly afterwards, the 2nd and 3rd week would look something like 7k and 4k, respectively, making a bulls-eye shot towards 1-2k/week baseline. And that's even fairly optimistic to be honest. There's not a precedent for people sustaining home consoles there, and as we can see in South Korea, a market that's fully invested in PC + Phone + MMO is pretty useless for a console to bother in.

PS4 might 'win', but it's a phyrric victory in a market so tiny and irrelevant.

X1 lifetime might .. miiiiiiiiight stretch to 400k in China over a few years. Even if PS4 doubled that, it's still peanuts.

you seem to know so much about a market that ahs not had any official slaes tracking in 14yrs at best. The amount of ignorance levied against china is baffling. This is a country that borrows NA money for crying out loud. Its also a country that sold bought 1M iphones in a month and is projected to sell 15-24M iphones per year. This is a country that currently indirectly owns an increasing number of companies in the free world.

I don't know how well or poorly consoles will sell there, but I thnk its just silly to conclude that they won't. Especially when everything else shows that they can. The funny thing about china, is that if just 1% of their population are interested in buying consoles, thats already over 13M people right there. I can't even begin to understand the logic in thinking that a country with a population of over 1.3B people will not have at least 5M people willing to buy consoles over the next 6 years.

The numbers or logic suggesting such just doesn't add up.

just throwing out some perspective here.  if you do your math as [population * 1% = consoles]  then here are some other percentatage for comparision

US has a population of 316.1M people so:  360 reach 14%, ps3 reached 8% and wii reached 13%

japan has a population of 127.3M people so: 360 reached 1%, ps3 reached 8%, and wii reached 10%

UK has a population of 64.1M people so: 360 reached 14%, ps3 reached 9%, and wii reached 13%

these are rich countries (poverty rates less than half that of china) where consoles are well established.

and remember consoles aren't so "personal" as a phone.   if consoles reaches 1% of china the math isn't 13.5M units it is more like 3.3M units if we assume the average household has 4 people in it (a number i made up because i couldn't find a real number for china).

Aura7541 said:
It'll be interesting to see how well the PS4 will fare in China. Sony needs to launch the PS4 with a good lineup if it wants any sort of success there.

And most of all have long legs in the new Market.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Hopefully this won't happen.