By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon UK community vote PS2 as best console ever; PS1 in second place

The matchup pairings were so weird it was pretty much given who would win the first rounds.

They should have removed this gens consoles completely as they not deep in enough into the cycle to even compare against those classics.

The final result is not unexpected though even with the pointless first round of matchups.

Around the Network
WhiteEaglePL said:
So they like the newer PS3 / 4 brands less.

That's true!  I suppose partially because no one was dominant in terms of content last gen and this gen is just getting started.  That seems fair to me.

Although, good job by the PS3, PS4, and 360 getting to the second round.  The Wii and Wii U were first-round knockouts.  I guess they like the newer Nintendo consoles even less.

Weird matchups, but an interesting competition nonetheless. Change the regions, and the results could get interesting. 

WhiteEaglePL said:

Well, the PSX and PS2 are better than the PS3/PS4, so that's not necessarily a bad thing!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
WhiteEaglePL said:

Well, the PSX and PS2 are better than the PS3/PS4, so that's not necessarily a bad thing!

in 10 years i reckon we'll be saying ps3 was better than ps1

Around the Network

Well, PS2 was the most successful console by a large margin. There isn't even room for contention.

fireburn95 said:
AZWification said:

in 10 years i reckon we'll be saying ps3 was better than ps1

Maybe some people will say that, but I'm not going to be one of them!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

The PS2 is a modern classic gaming console. It has the largest library in video games, and it's still the highest selling console to this day. It's amazing how this console lived beyond the average tech.

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

PS1 is my personal fav.! I wish I would've played more PS2 games but it was hard for me as a teenager to get every game I wanted and playing whenever I wanted :(

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...

Wait, an online poll where Sony won? What world am I living in?!