By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Wii U date confirmed for Nov 21

Tagged games:

I believe there will be a BIG nintendo Direct this month or early next month focusing on Bayonetta 2, Bundles, Mario Kart DLC, Amiibos, Smash Wii U, Pokemon OR/AS, and maybe just maybe a little tease for Zelda U..

Around the Network
tak13 said:

haaaaaaaaaa i m watching you lol.I m here to remind you my aspect,that nintendo uses 3ds version as a decoy to lure 3ds owners to buy a wii u.if nintendo was thinking that 3ds version would damage  wii u version,would release a 3ds version?it s obvious!what? nintendo released smas bros to boost 3ds sales?of course not...nintendo, if this was the reason would had released it before new 3ds/xl announcement which hurts old 3ds sales...:P The only thing that is similar is the roster...the experience is way different and fans are used to play it on home consoles:P keep your temper, that s my opinion,i m not saying it s right :P dear,  one question,if 3ds version had been released in 2012,would you say the same?

How is Smash on the 3DS supposed to lure the user's purchasing a WII U when it makes no sense to shell out an extra $360 for the definitive experience ? 

Nintendo didn't specifically release Smash to boost 3DS sales but what Nintendo clearly didn't know is the other ramifications of this action such as inhibiting potential WII U sales. Not exactly the smartest move, right ? 

The fans of the game maybe used to playing the series on the console but the 3DS is also just as capable of delivering a console experience too so I ask myself this question, what do they gain by competing against themselves ? 

fatslob-:O said:

How is Smash on the 3DS supposed to lure the user's purchasing a WII U when it makes no sense to shell out an extra $360 for the definitive experience ? 

Nintendo didn't specifically release Smash to boost 3DS sales but what Nintendo clearly didn't know is the other ramifications of this action such as inhibiting potential WII U sales. Not exactly the smartest move, right ? 

The fans of the game maybe used to playing the series on the console but the 3DS is also just as capable of delivering a console experience too so I ask myself this question, what do they gain by competing against themselves ? 

Super Smash Bros. is mainly a multiplayer game. If you want to play the 3DS version with three friends, you'll need four 3DS systems and four copies of the game. If you want to play the Wii U version with three friends though, all you'll need is one system and one copy of the game (as well as four controllers, obviously). On top of that, the 3DS controls and visuals are unquestionably inferior to the Wii U versions offerings.

The fact that the 3DS version promotes the Wii U version should be apparent to anyone.

I know this isn't the place for this question but what's the difference between Pit and Dark Pit?

Mystro-Sama said:
I know this isn't the place for this question but what's the difference between Pit and Dark Pit?

dark pit is a demon,pit is an angel:P ask tbone,he should enlight you!(i have the same query :/)

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:

Dark Pit's moves are generally stronger, but with less reach.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Super Smash Bros. is mainly a multiplayer game. If you want to play the 3DS version with three friends, you'll need four 3DS systems and four copies of the game. If you want to play the Wii U version with three friends though, all you'll need is one system and one copy of the game (as well as four controllers, obviously). On top of that, the 3DS controls and visuals are unquestionably inferior to the Wii U versions offerings.

The fact that the 3DS version promotes the Wii U version should be apparent to anyone.

You mean it promotes it in-game?

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

i nevr understood this arguement (3ds version hurts wiiu) i mean nsmb2 and nsmbu or mk7 and mk8.  Yes i kno they are different games but so is ssb 3ds+wiiu!

:-/

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

The fact that the 3DS version promotes the Wii U version should be obvious to anyone.

Your making an assumption that a lot of people are willing to share the system and the game but this doesn't represent the reality where a good portion of people in the wealthy society are materialists ... Not to mention it's just more convenient to have complete ownership of these things rather than having to worry about possible long distance visiting or acceptable assembly hours to play the game. 

Just because the 3DS controls and visuals are inferior doesn't mean that the $150 premium is justified ... 

If anything the 3DS version hinders the ability of the game to boost WII U sales so once again what does Nintendo gain from competing against themselves ? 

they will announce it next Thursday, it gives the 3DS version a little time in the spotlight and as damage control for poor September NPD.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.