By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 27th Hardware and Software sales (FIFA 15 week) FIFA 15 sells 260% more on PS4 than XB1

In lieu of Hyrule Warriors + Disney Infinity 2, Wii U got a boost in NA!
I think we'll see some positive signs from the new SM3DW bundle next week too!

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Tamron said:
Seece said:
ioi said:
Seece said:
Europe too low for XB1, was 20k for UK and 15k for Russia alone.

Russia isn't counted as part of Europe.

Ok fair enough :)

Why is that?

Quick geography lesson - Blue = Europe, none of which is russia.

Just a quick lesson for you. That is the EU which is the european union in blue. Not the continent. Do you really think iceland, switzerland, norway and many more are not in the continent of europe? ANd Russia is in Europe but most of it's landmass is in asia. They're on the eurasian plate after all! Class dismissed :) 

Map clearly states it's a graphical list of european union member states, not listing all of the ones considered europe doesn't really change the point.
Russia is considered Asia region for product release/retail.

DaltonAbbey said:
CosmicSex said:
ethomaz said:
Something changed in the Russia geographic? When I studied it was part of Europe even when the most part was in Asia continent.

When I studied in grade school, Russia was always a part of Asia.

Same..

Russia belong in 2 continents, usually it is sayed that Russia belong to Eurasia, so boh are correct, like i stated before 75% of russia population is in the European part.

DaltonAbbey said:
CosmicSex said:
ethomaz said:
Something changed in the Russia geographic? When I studied it was part of Europe even when the most part was in Asia continent.

Same..

Europe ends at the Ural mountains. So most of Russia's territory is in Asia, but the majority of population lives in the European part.

So it would make much more sense to track sales as a part of Europe.

Zekkyou said:
Last week has been adjusted slightly:

PS4 + 8761 (178,032 -> 186,793)
XOne - 3102 (94,467 -> 91,365)

Everything else has remained the same ^^

So the PS4 only sold 25k more in FIFA week? I can't believe that.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
DaltonAbbey said:
VGC doing same mistake as T2 launch week.. XB1 way overtracked in ROW. Last time ~6 hours till adjusted down, wonder how long it'll be this time.

I dunno. Being Fifa week, and Fifa bundle and all that, I think T3 (or is it T2B) is more believable.

I was wondering why this week's numbers were a bit slow in coming, next round of launches for Xb one explains that.

I was just about to go to bed too.

Looks like Fifa bundle gave Xb one a wee boost in the USA. No boost for PS4, but stopped it from dropping, so an invisiboost.

Nice Wii U boost from Hyrule Warriors. Not sure what to make of the HyWa number itself. It's ~30K less than Windwaker HD, which makes the EU launch better relative to Wind Waker HD (only a 7K gap). But almost 100K for the USA is pretty good for what HyWa is.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Well does it really matter? Lol, the numbers count anyway...EU or ROW, it's still there.

kowenicki said:
Kerotan said:
kowenicki said:
CosmicSex said:
PS4 is within an 80k striking distance of a million unit gap in the US. That is unprecedented considering the market share last gen.

huh? lol.

do you remember the last gen and the one before it?

we all remember but the thing is the xbox graph was on the up so much it was hard to see the PS4 taking the USA this gen. Nobody saw that coming especially not a 1 million gap after just 10 months. 

My main point was the use of the word unprecedented.  The 360 seriously flipped the playstation2 lead, the ps4 has not come close to the same flip.

It isnt unprecedented.

the 360 released a year earlier and much cheaper. the net flip is proabably pretty equal. And it's only been 10 months. PS4 could pull away even more. 

CosmicSex said:

This is the Europe we study here.

kowenicki said:

My main point was the use of the word unprecedented.  The 360 seriously flipped the playstation2 lead, the ps4 has not come close to the same flip.

It isnt unprecedented.

If the Xbox One had not launched yet, they would be launching 11-14?m behind.
While not the only reason for that difference, the launch disparity is one of the major ones, let's not forget that.