By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 27th Hardware and Software sales (FIFA 15 week) FIFA 15 sells 260% more on PS4 than XB1

Good numbers.

Around the Network
Tamron said:

Map clearly states it's a graphical list of european union member states, not listing all of the ones considered europe doesn't really change the point.
Russia is considered Asia region for product release/retail.

VGchartz used the continent not the union. We're talking about vgchartz not chart track here. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Zekkyou said:
Last week has been adjusted slightly:

PS4 + 8761 (178,032 -> 186,793)
XOne - 3102 (94,467 -> 91,365)

Everything else has remained the same ^^

So the PS4 only sold 25k more in FIFA week? I can't believe that.

Eh? :p You've lost me.

Tachikoma said:
Ya'll need jesus, seriously.

lol, the bitchiness?

DaltonAbbey said:
Well does it really matter? Lol, the numbers count anyway...EU or ROW, it's still there.

you're right. it doesn't really matter! 

Around the Network

Is it too early to dig up those 'Wii U will get second place if they they don't mess up' threads from the summer?

Anyways good numbers all around. Nice to see that the Xbox can actually achieve a half decent boost in europe with the right content and price. As for the PS4 I'm feeling t multiple 1m weeks this holiday. Realistic?

Kerotan said:

VGchartz used the continent not the union. We're talking about vgchartz not chart track here. 

ioi himself has stated russia isn't considered europe for sales data.

Tamron said:
Kerotan said:

i stated that russia is in europe and asia. He said in reply to somebody that it's because it's not really in europe meaning he is judging it to be in asia because the majortiy of the country is! It doesn't suddenly mean he starts tracking countries like switzerland/norway/ukraine/iceland as not being in europe just because they haven't joined a union on the continent. 

Tamron said:
Seece said:
ioi said:
Seece said:
Europe too low for XB1, was 20k for UK and 15k for Russia alone.

Russia isn't counted as part of Europe.

Ok fair enough :)

Why is that?

Quick geography lesson - Blue = Europe, none of which is russia.

A significant part of Russia, including 2 of its biggest cities (one of which is a capital) is in Europe. It it recognized as a European country anywhere in the world by any political organization even if the majority of the country is located in Asia.

What you showed there was a map of European Union and it's candidates, not the geographical border of Europe and Asia. The fact that Russia is shown at that map tells you that its a European country

Kerotan said:
Tamron said:
Kerotan said:

i stated that russia is in europe and asia. He said in reply to somebody that it's because it's not really in europe meaning he is judging it to be in asia because the majortiy of the country is! It doesn't suddenly mean he starts tracking countries like switzerland/norway/ukraine/iceland as not being in europe just because they haven't joined a union on the continent. 

Nobody said they did, the topics always been about russia, you're just being flippant.