By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 27th Hardware and Software sales (FIFA 15 week) FIFA 15 sells 260% more on PS4 than XB1

wiiU passed ps4 again in japan

Around the Network

Something changed in the Russia geographic? When I studied it was part of Europe even when the most part was in Asia continent.

PS4 is within an 80k striking distance of a million unit gap in the US. That is unprecedented considering the market share last gen.

Kerotan said:
Tamron said:
Seece said:
ioi said:
Seece said:
Europe too low for XB1, was 20k for UK and 15k for Russia alone.

Russia isn't counted as part of Europe.

Ok fair enough :)

Why is that?

Quick geography lesson - Blue = Europe, none of which is russia.

Just a quick lesson for you. That is the EU which is the european union in blue. Not the continent. Do you really think iceland, switzerland, norway and many more are not in the continent of europe? ANd Russia is in Europe but most of it's landmass is in asia. They're on the eurasian plate after all! Class dismissed :) 

thanks you .. was a about to point that out, not to say 75% of Russia population is in the European part of Russia, but 77% of Russia is in Asia. (

but ofc the right place for it to be is in RoW since it belongs in 2 continents.)

Keep up the good work ioi. All these mad countries are tricky to track.

9/23: Hong Kong, India, Korea, Singapore, South Africa, Taiwan
9/26: Russia

So are they all the launches that are included in this weeks numbers can someone confirm?

If so along with the fifa promotion the boost doesn't seem that big. Next week xbox sales should drop a good 40-50k right? Due to week after fifa and after those launches? So without china it will be around 110k?

So if china sells 70k first week that should mean xbox 1's sales next week will be around 180-190k?

If what I've said is true (please correct me if i'm wildly wrong) then next week the PS4 could take the WW sales again? Either way I think it will be close. Very interesting week ahead.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Something changed in the Russia geographic? When I studied it was part of Europe even when the most part was in Asia continent.

When I studied in grade school, Russia was always a part of Asia.

Last week has been adjusted slightly:

PS4 + 8761 (178,032 -> 186,793)
XOne - 3102 (94,467 -> 91,365)

Everything else has remained the same ^^

kowenicki said:
CosmicSex said:
PS4 is within an 80k striking distance of a million unit gap in the US. That is unprecedented considering the market share last gen.

huh? lol.

do you remember the last gen and the one before it?

You have a point that market share in the US has always been unpredictable, but there were so many variable that seperated the Gen 6 from Gen 7 results.  This gen there was no real time advantage and only a very marginal price advantage that was short lived. 

kowenicki said:
CosmicSex said:

huh? lol.

do you remember the last gen and the one before it?

we all remember but the thing is the xbox graph was on the up so much it was hard to see the PS4 taking the USA this gen. Nobody saw that coming especially not a 1 million gap after just 10 months. 

CosmicSex said:
ethomaz said:

When I studied in grade school, Russia was always a part of Asia.

Same..