By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Favorite Boss Battle of All-Time

I'm sure it's been discussed before but I thought about asking it again, which is/are your favorite boss battles of all-time?

Mine off the top of my head are:

- Twilight Fossil: Stallord (LoZ: Twilight Princess)

One of the best items in LoZ an used to near perfection in this boss battle, it was amazing for me, possibly my favorite LoZ boss battle and one of my favorite fro any game of all time.

- Chronos (God of War 3)

Truly one of the most epic boss battles, the scale of the battle was breathtaking, i was in awe during most of the fight.

- The End (Metal Gear Solid 3)

This is on this list due to being really unexpected, it lasted more than in hour for me, and I love every minute of it.

Those are( possibly) my favorite boss battles, and what are yours?

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

Mother Brain (Super Metroid) - One of the most memorable battles in Video Game history (Mother Brain shoots non stopping death Hyper ray at Samus, leaving her with 01 left, and there is no way of hurting it. As Mother Brain is preparing to finish off Samus, the Metroid from Metroid II: Return of Samus that she saved comes out of NO WHERE and sucks the life out of Mother Brain temporarily, but then slowly starts dying. It's last actions were attaching itself to Samus and restoring all her HP and infusing her with the same Hyber Beam Mother Brain uses against her... Samus easily disposes of Mother Brain and then has to race out of an exploding planet back to her ship) If your read this, this is why it was one of the best games of the 16-bit era and of all time really).

Bellom (LoZ: Phantom Hourglass) - I don't remember how many stages he has, but I think it's at least four (You have to fight him in a cave, then on your ship and then when we think we defeated him he then possesses Link's best friend in the Game Linebeck and starts WTF pwning you. The only time you can hit him is with stopping time with the Phantom Sword from the back) One of the more memorable Zelda game endings and boss battles in its History.

Bowser (Super Mario 64) - I think it's the fact that Nintendo made the senary so epic with the Blood Red sky, Bowser's appearance looking like a Mega form, and a REALLY evil song playing  in the background while you try to grab Browser's tail and spin him around and around to 3 bombs made this Battle so Epic.

This is a clip of the song.

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - Ashera: The hype that you feel after all the events that you went through in your 75+hour quest and even the 40+ Hour quest from it's prequel fills the battle arena's air, and this is the moment of truth. Kill the Goddess  that created the World or say goodbye to the planet. Simple.

summons are for scrubs

Shadow Queen. Not just the challenge, but the most epic motivational speech I've ever received right before it.

RCTjunkie said:
Shadow Queen. Not just the challenge, but the most epic motivational speech I've ever received right before it.

From which game is that?

Around the Network
brute said:
RCTjunkie said:

From which game is that?

From Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. (I think he's talking about that Shadow Queen, but I can't be sure)

I never had trouble with that Paper Mario boss. I'm pretty badass when it comes to Paper Mario, but I do have some problems with the final boss of Mario And Luigi Partners in Time and even Bowser's Inside Story.

Squeezol said:
brute said:
RCTjunkie said:

From which game is that?

From Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. (I think he's talking about that Shadow Queen, but I can't be sure)

I never had trouble with that Paper Mario boss. I'm pretty badass when it comes to Paper Mario, but I do have some problems with the final boss of Mario And Luigi Partners in Time and even Bowser's Inside Story.

It had been a while since i have last played Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, but now that you reminded me it was a fantastic boss battle, although I thought it was a tad on the easy side.

Anubis Zone of the Enders the Second Runner

brute said:
Squeezol said:
brute said:
RCTjunkie said:

From which game is that?

It had been a while since i have last played Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, but now that you reminded me it was a fantastic boss battle, although I thought it was a tad on the easy side.

My favorite boss battle actually came from that game as well. Bonetail! I remember it taking quite a while to reach him, so that alone was satisfying, and it was the longest boss fight I had in the entire game. Don't know if it's my favorite, but easily one of the most satisfying.

Another one I'd add is the final boss at the end of Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days. The atmosphere going into the battle, the scenery, and the battle itself were great.

Hmm

When I was younger, I remember the Shenmue 2 and Sonic Adventure 2 final battles being fucking amazing. Probably don't hold up as well though...

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)