By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Call of Duty is now a Playstation Series.

Kerotan said:
fireburn95 said:
A lot of 360ers moved to ps4 so that makes sense

despite apart of the xbox live eco system it's scary for microsoft how easily people just said fuck my gamertag i'm getting a ps4. just shows you getting them on their online is not the be all and end all. 

Well a lot of people that grew up with PS1 and PS2 also said "fuck PS3, I'm getting a 360." And I bet we see many PSP fans now with a 3DS.

Brand loyalty at its finest!

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Is it me or are multi-plats taking over the PS4/X1 while console exclusives are a thing in the past now? Sure, every once in awhile we get that one exclusive game that's critical acclaimed and everyone HAS to play it.. but I'm not feeling that vibe.

Kerotan said:
prayformojo said:
Kerotan said:

It was a PS2 series before switching to 360 for most of last gen but it's now officially (according to vgchartz) a playstation franchise again! 

Call of Duty ghosts sales:

PS3 - 9.06M

Xbox 360 - 8.99M

PS4 - 2.67M

Xbox One - 2.03M

So Sony is winning the last gen and next gen COD battle and without the advertising or exclusive content! 

So will Sony keep the majority of the COD crowd for Advanced Warfare? It's hard to see how it won't. PS4 has greatly increased it's lead since Ghosts released and will do so even more in 2015. PS3 has sold more than the 360 in the last year but that effect should be minimal. 

Has the Kings last fort fallen or was that a once off blip? 

If you want to know who's winning, you have to look at install base and adjust for it. Which has a higher attach rate? COD on Xbone? Or COD on PS4?

The bottom line is ghosts was bought by more playstation fans than xbox fans. Can't spin that. 

But "the bottom line is ghosts was bought by more playstation fans than xbox fans." is spine personified.

Nah. Xbox still has the marketing deals, exclusive bundle, timed exclusive DLC and eSports.

I thought this meant Sony bought the rights to COD. But they're too poor to do that.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:

It was a PS2 series before switching to 360 for most of last gen but it's now officially (according to vgchartz) a playstation franchise again! 

Call of Duty ghosts sales:

PS3 - 9.06M

Xbox 360 - 8.99M

PS4 - 2.67M

Xbox One - 2.03M

So Sony is winning the last gen and next gen COD battle and without the advertising or exclusive content! 

So will Sony keep the majority of the COD crowd for Advanced Warfare? It's hard to see how it won't. PS4 has greatly increased it's lead since Ghosts released and will do so even more in 2015. PS3 has sold more than the 360 in the last year but that effect should be minimal. 

Has the Kings last fort fallen or was that a once off blip? 

lol

why should i trust vgc software

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:OpOi8d6kUqAJ:www.vgchartz.com/game/71507/call-of-duty-ghosts/+&cd=1&hl=de&ct=clnk&client=firefox-a

thats how it looked before the wired ps (3 and 4) software adjustment

XanderXT said:

I thought this meant Sony bought the rights to COD. But they're too poor to do that.

That's what the thread title implies.

I guess the tons of units PS3 moved meant nothing. It was a Xbox series.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Kerotan said:
fireburn95 said:
A lot of 360ers moved to ps4 so that makes sense

despite apart of the xbox live eco system it's scary for microsoft how easily people just said fuck my gamertag i'm getting a ps4. just shows you getting them on their online is not the be all and end all. 

Well a lot of people that grew up with PS1 and PS2 also said "fuck PS3, I'm getting a 360." And I bet we see many PSP fans now with a 3DS.

Brand loyalty at its finest!

you completely missed my point. Nobody on the PS1 or PS2 had a psn account with a load of downloads, or a gamertag or trophies. Other things like an online friends list they play with everyday. Much easier to go from that to the first proper online console than from the 360 to the PS4. 

Massive credit to Sony for pulling it off so easily. 

Mr Puggsly said:
XanderXT said:

That's what the thread title implies.

I guess the tons of units PS3 moved meant nothing. It was a Xbox series.

i couldn't think of the term people referred to COD when they suggested it was an xbox mainly game and still can't. If you can I'll edit the title.

prayformojo said:

But "the bottom line is ghosts was bought by more playstation fans than xbox fans." is spine personified.

Can you tranlsate spine personified into English please? No comprende.