By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Islamic State murder British aid worker

Kudistos Megistos said:
VXIII said:

Israel is a modern term. Your are talking about the history of Jews in general. Jewish populations were a part of others within different countries and empires, they have no land of their own. Palestine , however is a country by the modern definition. Btw, I'm talking about the right of people in a land, not their politicals leaders, they change all the time.

And yes, if they had a land that was stolen from them, it is their right to get it back.

The Jews were the last people to have an independent state there. It's been the possession of foreign empires at every other point in its documented history. And those "others" made it pretty clear that the Jews didn't belong in their countries. The Germans made it clear that the Jews didn't belong in Germany. The Poles made it clear that the Jews didn't belong in Poland. The Arabs made it clear that the Jews didn't belong in Arab countries (except Saddam Hussein, who generously allowed the Jews to return to Iraq several decades after they were expelled and had their property stolen; in retrospect, Saddam doesn't seem like such a bad guy).

This isn't the point I was making tho. The point is that a lot of Muslims don't like it when non-Muslim entities use the Koranic rules for self-defence against Islamic entities. Which is too bad. Since the Islamic State wants to take the Koran literally and declare war on the non-Muslim world, the rest of the world should play them at their own game and give the Islamic State everything they have. If the Islamic State wants to fight Britain, Britain would be within its rights to do everything within its power to destroy the Islamic State. As should the United States if IS wants to fight US. If the western countries threatened by IS act exactly the same way that the Koran instructs Muslims to act when attacked, IS's sympathisers have no right to complain. Both sides would be playing by the same rules.

- Palestinians are descendants of Canaanites. an ancient tribe that dwelled in the land.

- Jews expel from their countries has different circumstances  each time. That is not what we are talking about ( and I don't have enough info )

- Again Israel situation is not "self defence", it is a stolen land. Also, you choose to ignore the growing israeli settlements, they are getting bigger by the day, thousands of Palestinians are losing their home because Israel take their land by force. You also choose to ignore the siege on Gaza since 2006 and still going. What about the massacres Israel has committed agaist children and women ? 

- IS actions are acts of terror, it has nothing to do with Islam, That is what I was discussing with the other guy when you jumped in with Israel issues. If you disagree, give me one example from Quran that supports IS actions.

Around the Network
Kudistos Megistos said:

And don't insult us all by pretending that the Islamic State doesn't abide by Islamic teaching. The Islamic State abides by a literal interpretation of the parts of the Koran and Hadith relating to holy war. Maybe you could say that they're cherry picking parts of it that they like and ignoring parts that they don't like. But they could accuse you of doing the same thing. Don't assume that your subjective interpretation of Islamic scripture is somehow superior to someone else's.

If I told you to jump, and you jumped off a building, Which one of us would be at fault?

This is really sad, all he wanted was to help poor people in Syria who's lives have been ruined and scared for good and gets caught in the middle of a fucked up situation. This world is insane.

But also i'm not sure what should or can be done. This poor guy only died because we are bombing them which in turn radicalises more and more people. Bombings only help ISIS to grow, it doesn't weaken them. But at the same time from the moment he was captured we had almost no chance of getting him alive. ISIS are very hard to find and before you know they will kidnap someone else and behead them

ISIS is making fools out of the west.

Also i wish people could not use this as an excuse to hate on Islam. Its like comparing all Christians to Puritans or Mormons. Hate the extremists, not a whole religious group. There are Muslims all over the world and the vast majority are not barbaric at all. Funny how the Extremists Muslims only really exist where there has been war or drones strikes in recent years.

If anything you can all thank western imperialism for this 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

VXIII said:

- Palestinians are descendants of Canaanites. an ancient tribe that dwelled in the land.

So some people claim. But what is the evidence for this? I'm unaware of the Palestinians having the same strict rules on outmarriage that the Jews have, and they didn't preserve their ancient religion or language, so by this point, aren't they Arabs descended from various indigenous and non-indigenous settlers to the region? Nothing of the ancient Canaanite culture is left; how much of the ancient Canaanite blood do they have left after thousands of years of assimilation?

VXIII said:

- Jews expel from their countries has different circumstances  each time. That is not what we are talking about ( and I don't have enough info )

You'd be surprised at how similar those circumstances were each time.

VXIII said:

- Again Israel situation is not "self defence", it is a stolen land. Also, you choose to ignore the growing israeli settlements, they are getting bigger by the day, thousands of Palestinians are losing their home because Israel take their land by force. You also choose to ignore the siege on Gaza since 2006 and still going. What about the massacres Israel has committed agaist children and women ?

Can you steal something that was yours to begin with?

And a few words on "settlements":

The West Bank has had a Jewish population for thousands of years, and Hebron had a large Jewish population until the early 20th century, when the Jews were massacred by antisemitic Palestinians (should the Jews take the whole of Hebron back?). The Israeli-Palestinian borders are just ceasefire lines. The proposed borders from the original partition plan in the 40s (which the Jews agreed to and the Arabs rejected) were drawn up by outsiders purely for convenience.

The Israelis removed all settlements from Gaza, which historically didn't have a significant Jewish population and is acknowldged as the homeland of the ancient Philistines.

Most of the current conflict isn't about the settlements. Israel could dismantle every settlement tomorrow and 90% of the people who currently hate Israel would still hate Israel.

Everything Israel has done in Gaza since removing the settlements has been self-defence as advocated by the Koran.

VXIII said:

- IS actions are acts of terror, it has nothing to do with Islam, That is what I was discussing with the other guy when you jumped in with Israel issues. If you disagree, give me one example from Quran that supports IS actions.

Fine, one example:

http://quran.com/4/95-96

I'll wait for you to tell me that this is a mistranslation that has been taken out of context.

MohammadBadir said:

If I told you to jump, and you jumped off a building, Which one of us would be at fault?

Why would only one party be at fault?

Both of us would be at fault.

the2real4mafol said:

Also i wish people could not use this as an excuse to hate on Islam. Its like comparing all Christians to Puritans

I have no problem with this. Puritans are trying to live exactly as the Bible tells people to live.

Mormons might be a bit of a stretch, since they have a whole different holy book.

I hope you're not assuming that everyone who isn't fond of Islam is a Christian. There are plenty of people who don't like either group very much.

the2real4mafol said:

Funny how the Extremists Muslims only really exist where there has been war or drones strikes in recent years.

If anything you can all thank western imperialism for this 

Untrue. I haven't seen many wars or drone strikes on Saudi Arabia recently.

But even if it were true, what is cause and what is effect? Maybe there would be fewer wars and no drone strikes if there were no Islamic extremists.

Kudistos Megistos said:

Fine, one example:

I'll wait for you to tell me that this is a mistranslation that has been taken out of context.

That has more to do with the word Jihad being seen as synonymous with the words "Crazy Muslim bomber" by some people, even though that's far from what Jihad actually means.

Heck, the fact that ISIS kills Muslims, let alone Christians and the like, invalidates this by default.

Around the Network
Kudistos Megistos said:
MohammadBadir said:

Why would only one party be at fault?

Both of us would be at fault.

Sure.
Then that means Both Israel and the Palestinians are responsible for what's going on in the land.

I'm sure you already know that both of those parties claim that the land was their homeland.

MohammadBadir said:

That has more to do with the word Jihad being seen as synonymous with the words "Crazy Muslim bomber" by some people, even though that's far from what Jihad actually means.

Heck, the fact that ISIS kills Muslims, let alone Christians and the like, invalidates this by default.

IS does indeed kill a lot of Muslims. But then, IS doesn't regard those people as "proper" Muslims. They're unbelievers in IS's eyes.

As far as IS are concerned, they're cleansing the Islamic world of infidels and reclaiming "rightfully" Muslim land. They're far from the traditional crazy Muslim bomber.

MohammadBadir said:

Sure.
Then that means Both Israel and the Palestinians are responsible for what's going on in the land.

I'm sure you already know that both of those parties claim that the land was their homeland.

They are, in a sense.

Of course, one of those paries seems to start firing rockets or storming out of the negotiating room whenever they come close to a mutually satisfactory two-state peace agreement.

Kudistos Megistos said:
MohammadBadir said:

IS does indeed kill a lot of Muslims. But then, IS doesn't regard those people as "proper" Muslims. They're unbelievers in IS's eyes.

As far as IS are concerned, they're cleansing the Islamic world of infidels and reclaiming "rightfully" Muslim land. They're far from the traditional crazy Muslim bomber.

MohammadBadir said:

Sure.

They are, in a sense.

Of course, one of those paries seems to start firing rockets or storming out of the negotiating room whenever they come close to a mutually satisfactory two-state peace agreement.

1.The fact that ISIS does what the Quran forbids invalidates their so called "Jihad".

2.I believe that's because some of the extremes over there want the entirety of their land back, while others just want to end the suffering already, but the former prevents the latter.

You are mixing the pages. Jews =/= Israel. I know Jews have a long history in the land along with many other populations. Jews are not a nation, they don't have a Jewish land. It is a religion. Religion doesn't not inherit a land. There is no "Islamic land" if an Islamic country decided to abandon Islam, the land still belong to them. When I said stolen land I ment stolen from the people. Jews can be part of those people if it is their land. Israel can't, they are invaders.

About the settlements, one link is enough.

http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=44045#.VDGPhCPfom8

Fine, one example:

How exactly does that support the actions of IS?

Jihad meaning is to make an effort. Also as I said, there is no war that was started by the prophet, not even once. In Quran there is a lot of Suras that describe the time of war, making witty comment about that won't alter history.

I saw the video, and just like the rest of them I think they're fake. This one shows inconsistencies to the light casting on his face, while the shadows in the background remains the same. Also the knife cutting is more like knife rubbing. It rubbed on his neck like 5 times before the video fades out. Anyways this is just what I think, examples down below.

There is a ABC part to all these videos.
A = victim gives speech.
B = happens in your mind.
C = head on top a body. (fake head, fake body?)

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5