By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will LaiR and Ninja Gaiden Sigma Boost sales of the Ps3 for this Summer?

Just so you know Diomedes, the Japanese don't like being called "japs."

Around the Network

Lair will be huge if it's really good. It can't be just a good looking game with fine gameplay. It costs so much that they have to provide really outstanding package to gain profits. Lair needs good press. I believe they do know about it. PS3 owners are mostly very aware gamers (who else pay $600 - $800 for gaming machine?) so the crossbar is really high.

kber81 said:
Lair will be huge if it's really good. It can't be just a good looking game with fine gameplay. It costs so much that they have to provide really outstanding package to gain profits. Lair needs good press. I believe they do know about it. PS3 owners are mostly very aware gamers (who else pay $600 - $800 for gaming machine?) so the crossbar is really high.

I just have a hard to believing Lair will be huge, primairily because I can't seem to find a dragon flying audience. It reminds me alot of Panzer Dragoon Orta, which looked amazing, reviewed amazing, had an existing franchise, and yet failed to sell well. I think when it comes to flying you need to have a sci-fi flying game to get an audience and base it on an existing franchise: Star Wars, Robotech.... for it to see some descent numbers. The one big helper is the game looks gorgeous. 

Lair will sell about as many systems as Eragon sold for the 360. That is none. This may be a dragon game, but it is meant for the American audience. I actually expect NGS to do much better then this. I'll tell you one thing. The day a game comes out for the PS3 that I want, I'm going to buy it. Sony's problem is that I don't want it yet.

To me, Lair is looking like a real button masher. 

lair will be a huge success. eragon is boring and stupid.

PLAYSTATION®3

Around the Network
piratikkio said:
lair will be a huge success. eragon is boring and stupid.

Hopefully.

And the second part of your post is true...

footbag said:

Lair will sell about as many systems as Eragon sold for the 360. That is none.

LOL.

If this is as good as it gets, the PS3 is screwed... http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=32697

The gameplay for Lair just doesn't look that engaging to me. Sure, the game is pretty but other than the scenes where the player hops onto a another dragon to fight another pilot hand-to-hand in midair, it looks really boring to me. If there's more to the game, the developers did a piss-poor job of showing it to us in trailers.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

kber81 said:
footbag said:

Lair will sell about as many systems as Eragon sold for the 360. That is none.

LOL.

again SONY bashing.

the final version of LAIR uses 40% of ps3s power  and iT IS not possible on x360/ any consumer hardware.

Now Lair is being compared to Eragon!!!!!

there is no doubt even in Bill Gates' mind that Lair would sell a lot of ps3s.

just like the ps3 pal launch Lair would be a mssive success in terms of software and hardware sales for SONY.