By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will LaiR and Ninja Gaiden Sigma Boost sales of the Ps3 for this Summer?

Lair I doubt will sell many PS3's but im pretty sure NG will sell a lot of consoles. Not like MGS or FF would but a reasonable amount. Not a lot of people played NG for the Xbox since not that many people owned it so it would be a plus.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Around the Network

i rememeber all those people that used to say that... alot of people did say that  ealier this year.. URNotE you werent here then but you are not the 1st to predict a boost in sales for the ps3... but like i said before i think lair will give sales a little boost i dont think july is gonna be a 130,000 month for the ps3 but you never know

hahaha U-R-Not-E  thats the old playstation slogan isnt it?? hahaha i rememeber that... the ps underground slogan if i rememeber correctly

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Lair will be a huge hit in Japan.. the Japanese love dragons.. Lair is about dragons... dragons + japan = huge underminded market.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

StarcraftManiac said:

URNotE... You haven't been around for that long... Guys like HUS (Has been banned)... Have been saying that when Gundam Mosou would come out PS3 would crush the competition in Japan... Also...  Heavenly sword was sceduled for Januari at first... And when March domination for PS3 didn't come they said... Shortage at Europe release... April will be the month where it will happen... So fact is:

I'm NOT lying...

---------------------------------------------------

-And benkenobi88... I know i can be a stupid fanboy at sometimes... But the things im tellin the guy now are just plain facts... So thanks for the backup

i havent been around for that long but the bottom line is you or me dont really know... lets just wait and see... and im not any of those guys you mentioned... i just think it will see a sales boost and not domintate ... like you claim i am saying

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

He didnt claim YOU were saying anything, he was rebutting Larry

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: QuantumTarntno

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play

Around the Network

I don't even have a PS3 and still thought it would push at least 200k in March in the US, I was stunned when it was only 130k for a 5-week period.

nope, atleast not much. it`s neede 10 games like NGS and Lair to boost sales. and this will happen only in autumn. :)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

I'm thinking the ps3 is screwed for 2007 they need established franchises to help them. All their exclusives are risky, even their knock off franchises don't do amazing. Lair looks great, but I don't see it doing amazing anywhere, I just don't think it will have mass appeal, you pretty much have to like fantasy games and flying games, and flying games in general are more or less a niche market, very few are BIG. Heavenly Sword looks great, but how good is it? it looks pretty much like a insane fighting game, like Genji or Ninty Nine nights, both reviewed poorly as they were viewed as hack and slash games, if it can escape that fate it should prove to do better, but I don't see those games selling huge, even Jade Empire which offered so much more in the the asian style fighting games and reviewed insanely well was somewhat of a dissapointment in the sales department.

Basically they seemed to have lost MGS and FF to 2008 which means they have to convice people their new games are better then Mario and company on one side, and Halo on the other side. Let's face it Nintendo and Microsoft are bringing the lead cheerleaders to the prom, and Sony has that new foreign exchange student.

fooflexible said:

Let's face it Nintendo and Microsoft are bringing the lead cheerleaders to the prom, and Sony has that new foreign exchange student.

Well, that analogy does nothing for me, cause I love exotic ;)

But, yes, the PS3's holiday season went from being packed (FFXIII and MGS4) to being much less packed. No major franchise has been released yet, and no surprise/expected hits are available now (unless you count Motorstorm, but it certainly didn't help the hardware numbers much).

Heavenly Sword, LAIR, Home, and LittleBigPlanet will have to do amazing things this fall and holiday season for the PS3, or the gap will continue to grow.

Dolla Dolla said:
fooflexible said:

Let's face it Nintendo and Microsoft are bringing the lead cheerleaders to the prom, and Sony has that new foreign exchange student.

Well, that analogy does nothing for me, cause I love exotic ;)

But, yes, the PS3's holiday season went from being packed (FFXIII and MGS4) to being much less packed. No major franchise has been released yet, and no surprise/expected hits are available now (unless you count Motorstorm, but it certainly didn't help the hardware numbers much).

Heavenly Sword, LAIR, Home, and LittleBigPlanet will have to do amazing things this fall and holiday season for the PS3, or the gap will continue to grow 

I know the LBP beta is scheduled for later this year where we will get to beta the game and create stages and submit them to sony and the developer (the best 300 are supposed to make it into the retail release) but since when is LBP actually going gold this year? Last I checked we get the playable beta this holiday season and the release in 2008.