By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will LaiR and Ninja Gaiden Sigma Boost sales of the Ps3 for this Summer?

Ninja Gaiden: Sigma will have a GREAT impact in Japan. This came out the old xbox; which in japan no one bought. So to most Japanese, this is a new game and the best version out there.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Everyone was saying the same thing about Motorstorm, Virtua Fighter 5, and Oblivion in March, and PS3 weekly sales actually went down. I don't see many of these games moving many systems without a $200 price drop until MGS4 or FF13 or the like hits.

Don't forget the huge disappointment of Gundam. They expected 500k sales and only wound up with 300k and that was the best seller in Japan.

larry said:

Theres just no doubt in anyone's mind that starting JUNE ,2007  ps3 would dominate all markets.

You shouldn't write stuff like that - It's too permanent a medium. 

Reality has a Nintendo bias.
DKII said:
Everyone was saying the same thing about Motorstorm, Virtua Fighter 5, and Oblivion in March, and PS3 weekly sales actually went down. I don't see many of these games moving many systems without a $200 price drop until MGS4 or FF13 or the like hits.

I certainly didnt say it about any of those games you mentioned... motorstorm did about what i expected it to do.. virtua fighter has always sold less than the tekken series so i dont know why anyone expected it to sell big... oblivion is a port of not only the 360 but PC version as well so i dont know what people told you that but obviously they were delusional

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Around the Network
Bonafide732 said:
DKII said:

I certainly didnt say it about any of those games you mentioned... motorstorm did about what i expected it to do.. virtua fighter has always sold less than the tekken series so i dont know why anyone expected it to sell big... oblivion is a port of not only the 360 but PC version as well so i dont know what people told you that but obviously they were delusional

yea i agree none of those games he mentioned were expected to move systems... I think Lair might have a chance though ... i think everyone agrees that its the ps3s first big exclusive game to come out

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

I don't know if anyone here in particular claimed that these (or other) games were going to move systems but I know that "dominance" (or if you'd rather "salvation") has always been 1 game release away for the PS3. For most families and individuals on a budget $250 is a lot of money, and outside of the holiday buying period is a very difficult purchase to justify; when you get up to $600 you either have something you should purchase instead or should be saving the money for future purchases.

larry said:

Undoubtedly LAIR would give ps3 a massive boost with 1.5m---3m copies in sales.

NGS at 1080p at 60fps would see ps3 hardware sales spike to 40k per week for some weeks.

as for HEAVENLY SWORD it might turn out to be the best game of the year.

Theres just no doubt in anyone's mind that starting JUNE ,2007 ps3 would dominate all markets.

dont forget a minimum of 200k sales for minna golf due JUNE in JAPAN.

at present minna is at no 8 on famitsu list.

you're taking the piss right? It's ok, everyone else seems to think you're serious, but I understand you. You're taking the piss right?

... right?

... guys? 

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

heavenly swords...best game of the year?...please... Mass Effect Bioshock Mario Galaxy Metroid Prime 3 Halo 3 Those are the contenders for best game of the year.

diegomoroco777 said:
heavenly swords...best game of the year?...please... Mass Effect Bioshock Mario Galaxy Metroid Prime 3 Halo 3 Those are the contenders for best game of the year.

HAh Mass efect are you serious?

All the others are contendors for game of the year, but we all know GTA IV or MGS4 will win.