By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - DriveClub vs Forza Horizon 2 (XBO) (FW Sales) - Results In!

Which Will Sell More

DriveClub > Forza Horizon 2 332 49.92%

Forza Horizon 2 > DriveClub 187 28.12%

Nearly Dead Even 40 6.02%

See Results 104 15.64%

Total:663

It really comes down to the fact that most games will sell more on the PS4 because there are more out there. If Forza was on PS4 and DriveClub was on Xbox One, Forza would have sold more. It doesn't matter if there were more racing games on PS4 or not. A 2:1 base advantage is an extremely oppressive challenge to overcome.

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:
It really comes down to the fact that most games will sell more on the PS4 because there are more out there. If Forza was on PS4 and DriveClub was on Xbox One, Forza would have sold more. It doesn't matter if there were more racing games on PS4 or not. A 2:1 base advantage is an extremely oppressive challenge to overcome.

Forza would of completely dominated on the PS4 because of the positive brand reconition.

CGI-Quality said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Look at it this way. The Xbox One launched with a medicore NFS and a great sim racer. So racing fans on X1 were already more satisfied with that genre.

To the contrary, PS4 just had that medicore NFS. Based on trailers Driveclub seemed like the game PS4 fans were hoping for. I don't think it was...

Well, satisfaction chases a different topic. You said the console was "lacking". As I said, given the competing system has just one more game in the genre, both machines are currently lacking there (again, which makes sense when compared to the past).

Also, since we're talking about "Meta-scores", Need for Speed Rivals (PS4) sits with an 80 on Metacritic. I'd hardly call that: "mediocre".

PS4 was lacking a noteworthy racer. If GT6 launched on PS4 then they would have been more satisfied with that genre. Its semantics really.

Nice, you just found a good example of a game being over rated on metacritic. NFS Rivals is bad, I'd rather take Driveclub.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

That word of mouth.

The PS5 Exists. 

bubblegamer said:
Why do we make threads like these comparing the sales when it's gonna get the usual,"well PS4 has more console out there" type comments?

Do people not know that beforehand!?

Being the creator of this thread I will answer this:

Yes, mathematically, it was very difficult for Forza to win.  But, its interesting to see what people think.  To gauge the trends of opinions and anticipation in a given title.  Comparisons for games in the same genre are always interesting.   Please review the thread:  there were a multitude of valid reasons why Forza could have sold more.  Advertizing, reviews, free editions, open world versus track.  After the release, when DriveClub suffered launch setbacks, people proclaimed that it was utterly unreasonable to think DriveClub could win, and asserted that people who voted for DriveClub in the poll were being unreasonable. 

I still think those opinions are valid, but obviously, they were just opinions.  Sure you could say that folks should have known, but that didn't stop (and wont stop) subjective reasoning. 

Around the Network

I'm glad there are still plenty people that enjoy a good track racer. I was worried for a moment that we would lose a genre after the 'not open world is behind the times' complaints in reviews.

Good sales despite average reviews, a completely non functional online mode, and a free version carrot keeping many waiting. The online was finally working better tonight, I managed a string of online races without any disconnects. Kinda sad that's a 'high' point in 2014. Still no (club) challenges.

Maybe they split the user base to ease the server code? I was ranked over 1200 a day ago, was dropping hard during the weekend after getting to 288. I log back in today and I'm rank 220. Can't trust the leader boards I guess.

SvennoJ said:
I'm glad there are still plenty people that enjoy a good track racer. I was worried for a moment that we would lose a genre after the 'not open world is behind the times' complaints in reviews.

Good sales despite average reviews, a completely non functional online mode, and a free version carrot keeping many waiting. The online was finally working better tonight, I managed a string of online races without any disconnects. Kinda sad that's a 'high' point in 2014. Still no (club) challenges.

Maybe they split the user base to ease the server code? I was ranked over 1200 a day ago, was dropping hard during the weekend after getting to 288. I log back in today and I'm rank 220. Can't trust the leader boards I guess.

I saw that complaint about the game not being open world (or rather not being Forza) as a mark against it in a lot of reviews.  I didn't understand that.  It is a track racer.  Using the type of game it is as a reason to bash it was a bit weird to me.   Forza 5 did not recieve that treatment.

Forza Horizon 2 is heavily overtracked in North America and probably slightly overtracked in europ

I wonder what digital sales are like? Did anyone here take advantage of the psn+ discount?

First of you compare equally sales of an exclusive on two different platforms that one has sold x2 than the other one.

And then you have a commenter saying that either console has released anything significant on either platform when it comes to racing. Is the hidden meaning of this thread to say random crap that make no sense? :)