By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Alien: Isolation Review IGN- 5.9 / 10

Who goes off one review to determine if a game is good enough or not anyway.  Read a couple who give it a high score, then read one or two that give it a low one. Get a nice balance that way.

PREDICTIONS FOR END OF 2015: (Made Jan 1st 2015)

PS4 - 34M - XB1 - 21m - WII U -12M

Around the Network

This review comes off as some guy who let his frustration get the best of him. Ge admits to playing on hard!! What was he expecting

curl-6 said:
foodfather said:

Why are only positive opinions valid?

I believe he is saying its cherry picking

15-20 hours? that's too long for a survival horror set in a small ship, a 3-5 hour at most game should have been Sega's target and just charge $30-$40 for it and it would get no negative reviews as the biggest problem mentioned by all the negative ones so far is it's repetitive after the 5 hour mark.

Sega took on this instead of Beyonetta 2 lol

Around the Network

How the fuck is unpredictable AI classed as a bad thing, in an Alien-based horror game?

Ka-pi96 said:
Doesn't sound too great from that review.

How about the 9s and the 10s? Or do you just go by IGN?

The PS5 Exists. 

Sounds alright. The only thing I find worrying is the complaint that it's overlong. A game outstaying its welcome is one of the worst things it can do. It's always better to leave the player wanting more than to have the game become a monotonous plod.

The complaint about unpredictable AI isn't really explained very well. I don't know how to read that other than, "I died a lot."

Gamespot gave a 6 too.

So when both those 2 sites have similar scores I tend to question the reviews less.

In all honesty was anyone really expecting the game to get more than a 75 meta?

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Maraccuda said:

In all honesty was anyone really expecting the game to get more than a 75 meta?

Well its a little too early to say but it has an 80 meta with 13 reviews so far