By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digital Deluxe program to not be renewed

spurgeonryan said:
d21lewis said:
Glad I checked! I got p points for my free game with Mario kart (Wii U Party), Arkham Origins doc, MK8 dlc, and free Platinum Club Nintendo game. I'm six points away from one final $5 code. Should have enough Club Nintendo coins to get a free game, too!

What eshop games interest you?

There are a few.  A couple are on 3DS and Wii U.  I'm leaning towards Shovel Knight, though.  I'll use my Club Nintendo coins to get Kirby Superstar on Wii U and that will probably be enough to put me over on the Deluxe Digital, too.  Win/Win!!  

Around the Network

Was it ever supposed to be renewed? I got my Wii U Deluxe on Day 1, and I remember the details being very specific and up front that the points would accumulate until December 31st 2014, and then you would have until (March) 2015 to redeem your point codes. I've accumulated/redeemed $80 worth (16 codes) so far. It will be sad to see the program end, but it was never a secret.

Mandalore76 said:
Was it ever supposed to be renewed? I got my Wii U Deluxe on Day 1, and I remember the details being very specific and up front that the points would accumulate until December 31st 2014, and then you would have until (March) 2015 to redeem your point codes. I've accumulated/redeemed $80 worth (16 codes) so far. It will be sad to see the program end, but it was never a secret.

I got my Wii U on day one and I swear I thought I saw somewhere that it was only for one year.  I was kinda shocked when it kept on going.

edit: http://www.primagames.com/games/nintendo-land/news/nintendo-explains-deluxe-digital-promotion-wii-u

Googled it.  Looks like it was always set to expire this year.  Don't know where I got "One Year" from.

Bman54 said:
episteme said:
Bman54 said:
I don't think I've bought a single thing on the Wii U eShop. Only games I've gotten were free from Club Nintendo. Probably should have utilized that more.

If you got a game from the MK8 promotion: they count like you bought them for the full price on the eShop.

What about the one I got for getting Platinum in Club Nintendo (NES Remix) or ones I redeemed for coins (Punch-Out)?

d21lewis said that the Platinum Club game worked. I don't have games from coins because they aren't available in Europe.

Check it here: https://p.nintendo.net/deluxe

http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/31/wii-u-deluxe-digital-promotion-reward-details/
Yeah, I found an article from October 2012 also showing the set timeframe.

Around the Network

Oh well, certainly got my money's worth out of it (even though it was free anyway lol) if they do decide not to continue with it.

RolStoppable said:

Yes, the Wii U and 3DS can be tied to the same NNID to have a shared wallet.

How do you share the wallet? I have both of mine on the same NNID but they still have their own wallets.

3DS - 2277 - 6636 - 6675 WiiU - Vectorferret
(Write on wall or PM if adding)
episteme said:
Bman54 said:
episteme said:
Bman54 said:
I don't think I've bought a single thing on the Wii U eShop. Only games I've gotten were free from Club Nintendo. Probably should have utilized that more.

If you got a game from the MK8 promotion: they count like you bought them for the full price on the eShop.

What about the one I got for getting Platinum in Club Nintendo (NES Remix) or ones I redeemed for coins (Punch-Out)?

d21lewis said that the Platinum Club game worked. I don't have games from coins because they aren't available in Europe.

Check it here: https://p.nintendo.net/deluxe

Sweet, I actually had enough points for one $5 gift card. I forgot I also bought that Mario Kart 8 DLC. Thanks for letting me know.

Vectorferret said:
RolStoppable said:

Yes, the Wii U and 3DS can be tied to the same NNID to have a shared wallet.

How do you share the wallet? I have both of mine on the same NNID but they still have their own wallets.

It is same for Americas. It was done automatically for me. Any money you put into wallet can be used on both 3DS and Wii U eshop as a joint pool. 

fleischr said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Wtf, thats interesting! So after December 31st, we wont get the points anymore? Hmm, I wonder what they will do after? If anything?

I think they'll go for a more unified rewards system, basically integrate DDP with Club Nintendo

Club Nintendo is already headed to an all digtial rewards program anyway so I could totally see them merging the two programs together.