By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mafia Round 70 - Smash Brothers - Wahahaha! Wario Wins! (And Mafia Too I Guess...)

theprof00 said:
It didn't help that spurge reacted really badly to himself having a bat. He's Ness, that's ness' standard gear. If it had been a yoyo it would have been the same. His weapon scan was designed to make him have to claim, but he lost all credibility for his claim by lying about what he did!

Town was really overpowered in this game, even with the balance.
Clyde's ability is considered one of the most op town powers ever in mafia.

Watcher, tracker, role cop, role bomb, fbi agent, friendly neighbor, double voter/vote negater.
Vs what? Ninja, janitor, Sk, mafia doc, redirector.

Town had a confirmable town, endless bulletproof vests from hammers, 2 action trackers, flavor cop that would've outed 2 mafia, and a role that shows everyone who visited a dead player. Oh and a jailkeeper!

Like, seriously no mod in the future should mess with that much power. Town really blew it, and spurge was quite an important role to be messing around like that.
(oh, and if padib had killed master hand, he would've left the mafia team and exited the game)

Man it was so stacked in town's favor.

Just keep rubbing it in why don't you?

(still fuming)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

But yes, I won't pretend for a moment that town didn't have things incredibly stacked in its favor. Seriously, you had a fucking bulletproof vest dispenser that basically detected scum if they tried to use it. And Wonk seems to think that he would have suspected Imp because a doctor and what stefl was made a broken combo, but he forgets that TOWN HAD A DOCTOR. So if had been WEPL in Imp's place, he'd have killed the doctor because it was a "broken combo".

Oh yeah, and prof fucking moderator confirmed Radish's power. Let's not forget that Radish played pretty shittily and probably would've been very lynchable even with his town confirming power if not for that moderator confirmation and the slip up that gave his message to someone that shouldn't have gotten it. All we'd have to do is lynch him before he sent the message to someone other than Stefl. That would've been three days to lynch him. With his play, we'd have totally been able to do that.

Mr Khan said:

(still fuming)

I'm telling you, Khan, you did fine. Don't listen to them. You know, it was Stefl that really screwed you guys up. If he'd understood his power better, he'd have known that spurge was redirected and thus wasn't lying. But that's not entirely his fault, prof's wording didn't help. Prof's wording sucked with a lot of roles really. I had to clarify with my role that it would confirm me as town, not specifically vanilla town ("plain ordinary townie"). But you know what is Stefl's fault? Not seeing that Imp was lying about protecting himself a couple nights back when Stefl was watching him. That's all on Stefl. As for you Khan, you were the most dedicated of the remaining townie's by far. Stefl might have been if he'd been there more, but he wasn't. It was also his oversights that killed you all.

I was already talking to Prof about it, but Wario was really the perfect role for me this time around. I've been wanting to role play in Mafia for a long while, and he already lends himself to such a fun and dastardly character. Plus, all you guys *hate* when people role play in Mafia, so that actually helped me in garnering all of your disgust with my playstyle.

But it was honestly freeing to be able to play for the lynch, and not have to worry about a night kill (I was basically bulletproof during nights, and my bad play didn't make me a scum kill target anyways) so I did have a lot of fun.

Cone, I really don't get what was so cheesy and rehearsed about that last post of mine. I spent less time on it than any other lengthly post I made in this thread, because I was in a great hurry. The other posts were more thought out. If I sounded rehearsed, it was because I'd been saying the same stuff over and over again, because town really didn't have any new reasoning on me, so I was repeating myself at that point.

As for cheesy...well what was I supposed to sound like? I was about to die, had put myself into the mindset of a frustrated townie being mislynched when I wrote that, and it was largely true. I did play exactly the part in Yoshiya's lynch that I said I did, so as to seem town. It is indeed possible that I could have saved Yoshiya, but I chose not to because I wanted to recruit spurge, but you didn't know that, so aside from that it's true that I had no reason to do what I did as scum. Again, spurge's lying screwed us over the most. And I was completely right and logical in what I said about Stefl. From a townie's point of view that doesn't know Stefl is town, everything I said makes sense. Stefl would, if he were scum, have more reason to claim what he did. Also, remember, prof told you in the dead thread that the psych was scum, but living town didn't know that, and psychs are usually town. Keep that in mind. You only saw through me because you knew things from prof that living town didn't. So from the perspective of town thinking that Imp was a doctor psych, because he was, and was acting like one, I really had no reason to act like I did as scum, while Stefl did.

As for that paragraph about my voting record, it's all true. I really did think Khan was scum, I really did use logic that made sense to try to get Khan lynched, and Nickles and Astro saw that logic. I really did just go along with town with Smeags, and it was the doc/psych that scanned him along with inactive players that didn't. In fact I was going to unvote Smeags for being the jester as I suspected but town acted too fast. I really was going to vote for Yoshiya but didn't get to it in time and didn't want to look suspicious stealing the hammer vote, I just left out the part that I thought spurge was a recruitable SK and chose spurge over Yoshiya. Once I knew spurge wasn't the SK I did genuinely think spurge was some kind of third party because he was lying, and Stefl did play a big part in my final decision that spurge was lying and my decision to vote spurge, because I thought he'd turn up third party and I'd get a little credit for voting him. I was right all along that his lying was connected to Stefl. We actually did successfully redirect spurge with Yoshiya, and if Stefl had understood his role, it would have been clear that spurge was redirected. And with what I knew as scum, I figured that spurge was a hidden miller, and in effect, he was, because Khan was set up to believe that scum had weapons and town didn't. Imp was effectively a hidden godfather too, if you look at prof's list of Khan results. Prof can say Khan was a "flavor cop" all he wants, but flavor or not, Khan's results were misleading. Save for the miller, hidden miller, godfather, and hidden godfather, his role was an normal alignment cop. All the evidence against believing his role at the time was the hidden miller. However, as a townie, what looks more likely, a hidden miller, or Stefl lying? My Stefl vote made sense as town.

Really, anyone blaming Khan, Clyde, Radish, or even spurge just can't accept that I did a good job, and it's because of your hindsight bias. You would have made the same mistake as Khan and Clyde in their shoes, you just don't realize it. Looking back over the thread would have told you nothing, so you can't blame them for that. Khan, you did a great job, and you used logic in the end. Your final choice made sense. The best evidence you had was in the voting patterns, but I explained that away with a story that logically made sense. The evidence you didn't have that would have saved you all was if Stefl had understood his role enough to tell you what you needed to know, namely that spurge was a tracker and thus was actually redirected, and that Imp did not protect himself the night he said he protected himself, or Stefl would have seen him. Don't know how you guys missed that last part. Town almost won because of how spurge's lies affected scum's decisions, and town ultimately lost because Stefl understood his role poorly. Scum nearly lost because of assuming that blatant lies meant anti-town (not an outlandish assumption), and scum ultimately won because they made more sense than town did.

As for you Cone, it's very easy for the guy in last place to point out the faults in everyone ahead of him, but maybe you should own up for your own mistakes. You lost the hardest out of anyone. I think you're just mad you got last place and want to feel like everyone ahead of you doesn't deserve it.

Around the Network
Smeags said:
I was already talking to Prof about it, but Wario was really the perfect role for me this time around. I've been wanting to role play in Mafia for a long while, and he already lends himself to such a fun and dastardly character. Plus, all you guys *hate* when people role play in Mafia, so that actually helped me in garnering all of your disgust with my playstyle.

But it was honestly freeing to be able to play for the lynch, and not have to worry about a night kill (I was basically bulletproof during nights, and my bad play didn't make me a scum kill target anyways) so I did have a lot of fun.

But let's not forget this guy is the real winner! Dude, you totally earned it. I loved your role playing. It totally made an otherwise stressful game a lot more fun. You were hilarious!

HylianSwordsman said:

But let's not forget this guy is the real winner! Dude, you totally earned it. I loved your role playing. It totally made an otherwise stressful game a lot more fun. You were hilarious!

Thanks. You, Nickles, and Padib seemed to enjoy my shenanigans, while others just wanted to wring my neck.

But it was honestly Spurge's redirection that got me the win. So I owe it all to you guys.

Smeags said:
HylianSwordsman said:

Thanks. You, Nickles, and Padib seemed to enjoy my shenanigans, while others just wanted to wring my neck.

But it was honestly Spurge's redirection that got me the win. So I owe it all to you guys.

Lol, I wish, but it was really just spurge forgetting who he tracked. We didn't redirect him, we redirected you. He tracked Stefl and thought he tracked you for some reason.

HylianSwordsman said:

Lol, I wish, but it was really just spurge forgetting who he tracked. We didn't redirect him, we redirected you. He tracked Stefl and thought he tracked you for some reason.

Haha that's right. Prof was saying that to me.

I guess I just used my Jedi mind tricks to win the game.

HylianSwordsman said:
Mr Khan said:

(still fuming)

I'm telling you, Khan, you did fine. Don't listen to them. You know, it was Stefl that really screwed you guys up. If he'd understood his power better, he'd have known that spurge was redirected and thus wasn't lying. But that's not entirely his fault, prof's wording didn't help. Prof's wording sucked with a lot of roles really. I had to clarify with my role that it would confirm me as town, not specifically vanilla town ("plain ordinary townie"). But you know what is Stefl's fault? Not seeing that Imp was lying about protecting himself a couple nights back when Stefl was watching him. That's all on Stefl. As for you Khan, you were the most dedicated of the remaining townie's by far. Stefl might have been if he'd been there more, but he wasn't. It was also his oversights that killed you all.

Actually the wording for the roles was perfect, or near so. It's just that people don't understand simple wording.
Yours was worded the way it was because giving specifics would have confirmed or disconfirmed existence of town roles. It was done purposefully.

"from theprof00 on 03 October 2014 http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/atOeseVgcNU/hqdefault.jpg
Greetings from evil kitty.
You are (Ness). Your faction is (Town).
All is peaceful in Onett, or at least, as peaceful as Onett can get. Playing baseball, fighting aliens, getting stalked by that creepy dude in the trenchcoat.Just life as usual. Until today! Ness from the future needs your help apparently. He says that your life is in danger in this arena tournament. That’s weird, you didn’t sign up for any arena tournament. Oh well, I’m sure you were planning on it at some point. 

Future Ness: He already played this game many times before. This isn’t his first time. But he’s having a hard time putting all the details back together. Each night, target a player. You will ask future ness to think really hard about what that player did. You will be informed of where the player went that night.

Game Thread: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=191110&page=1

from spurgeonryan on 08 October 2014 So.....I am a watcher? "
"from WhiteEaglePL on 08 October 2014 Wait, do they know who healed them??? "
"

My Role question

from Clyde32, to theprof00 on 02 October 2014 (Delete Message)

If I say only certain people can vote, and other people have already voted, do their votes still count?

from theprof00 on 02 October 2014 No it's not "only certain people can vote"
It's "only certain people can be voted for".
Right now, anyone can vote for anyone.
When you use your ability, everyone can only vote for those 4 people.
When your ability is used, it clears the vote totals, and battle mode starts with a fresh chart. "
"
from spurgeonryan on 27 October 2014 If I hammer myself, do I get immnity from dying? Technically you do not pronounce me dead until after you say no more posting. Your rules, I am just trying to abide by them.
from theprof00 on 27 October 2014 lol no it's protection at night. since lynches happen at sundown, it's not night, so no.
from spurgeonryan on 27 October 2014 Had to try. But you did confirm one thing with this reply. days not over.
from theprof00 on 28 October 2014 lol day is over spurge"
On top of people not knowing who hammered and got protection on day 3 or 4 or whatever.
People in thread asking me about the settle it in smash vote resets, and then after explanation, still not knowing the votes...