By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mafia Round 70 - Smash Brothers - Wahahaha! Wario Wins! (And Mafia Too I Guess...)

Also on the second night spurge used an ability, I said that the player he tracked didn't do anything, and his conclusion was that he himself had been blocked.

Around the Network

Not to mention this was a hard game to mod. Many replacements, including two players who were dating each other being on separate teams >_>

theprof00 said:

Actually the wording for the roles was perfect, or near so. It's just that people don't understand simple wording.
Yours was worded the way it was because giving specifics would have confirmed or disconfirmed existence of town roles. It was done purposefully.

"from theprof00 on 03 October 2014 http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/atOeseVgcNU/hqdefault.jpg
Greetings from evil kitty.
You are (Ness). Your faction is (Town).
All is peaceful in Onett, or at least, as peaceful as Onett can get. Playing baseball, fighting aliens, getting stalked by that creepy dude in the trenchcoat.Just life as usual. Until today! Ness from the future needs your help apparently. He says that your life is in danger in this arena tournament. That’s weird, you didn’t sign up for any arena tournament. Oh well, I’m sure you were planning on it at some point. 

Future Ness: He already played this game many times before. This isn’t his first time. But he’s having a hard time putting all the details back together. Each night, target a player. You will ask future ness to think really hard about what that player did. You will be informed of where the player went that night.

Game Thread: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=191110&page=1

from spurgeonryan on 08 October 2014 So.....I am a watcher? "
"from WhiteEaglePL on 08 October 2014 Wait, do they know who healed them??? "
"

My Role question

from Clyde32, to theprof00 on 02 October 2014 (Delete Message)

If I say only certain people can vote, and other people have already voted, do their votes still count?

from theprof00 on 02 October 2014 No it's not "only certain people can vote"
It's "only certain people can be voted for".
Right now, anyone can vote for anyone.
When you use your ability, everyone can only vote for those 4 people.
When your ability is used, it clears the vote totals, and battle mode starts with a fresh chart. "
"
from spurgeonryan on 27 October 2014 If I hammer myself, do I get immnity from dying? Technically you do not pronounce me dead until after you say no more posting. Your rules, I am just trying to abide by them.
from theprof00 on 27 October 2014 lol no it's protection at night. since lynches happen at sundown, it's not night, so no.
from spurgeonryan on 27 October 2014 Had to try. But you did confirm one thing with this reply. days not over.
from theprof00 on 28 October 2014 lol day is over spurge"
On top of people not knowing who hammered and got protection on day 3 or 4 or whatever.
People in thread asking me about the settle it in smash vote resets, and then after explanation, still not knowing the votes...

Woah, that's...there's no excuse for those questions. Those weren't even issues of wording, it explicitly answered their questions in the PM. Spurge's questions, though, yikes. The man might be certifiably insane. I can't believe that hammer vote discussion actually happened and then he went back to tell town that you had confirmed him. You know, he was so concerned about surviving more so than town winning that once we'd cleared him as not being an SK, I actually thought he was a third party survivor with a tracking ability. I was just as surprised he was town as town was.

Now you understand why I get so frustrated playing mafia here, and ask people to double and triple check their pms and wording, because people don't try.

theprof00 said:
Not to mention this was a hard game to mod. Many replacements, including two players who were dating each other being on separate teams >_>

Yeah, that dating thing was something I'm sure very few mods have ever run into. Giving people bastard mod roles is your choice, but the only thing I was really upset about with you as a mod was the PM mixup. Don't give town so many powers that even you as a mod get confused who targeted who! Or at least check a bit more carefully. You have to admit, the way town was talking, they seriously might have killed the Friendly Neighbor for how he was playing. We kept him alive even though he was confirmed town because he was totally non-threatening to us.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
Now you understand why I get so frustrated playing mafia here, and ask people to double and triple check their pms and wording, because people don't try.

I'll be honest, I'm thinking of maybe playing future mafia games on mafiascum. Maybe start out in the noob forums to get a taste of a vanilla game (I've only done role madness games thus far). Move up to mini normals, then try going back to themes. For now though, I think I need a break from mafia for a while.

MVP
Let's face it, there wasn't really anyone who did particularly well. There were a couple people who could have made a difference had they been given a chance, but unfortunately that never came to pass. There was one player though who beat all the odds and took advantage of the opportunities presented, and even put on a particularly convincing voting pattern. Have a beer, you've earned it.
Smeags

Town MVP
I fully believe that had you continued to use your power, town would have won the game. You had good intuition for your targets and put mafia in a real bind, leading to the only two mafia lynches.
Clyde32

One can dream
This player could have been devastating. He's one of the players I refer to when I say he could've been mvp. He played his role perfectly, and in the end, the only reason he died was because of someone else's error. Here's to you
Conegamer

Who am I? award
You made the best of your role when you had no idea what it did or how it worked and helped get someone lynched.
Mr Khan

Thanks for saving the game award 
Special thanks to the players who came into the thread and really helped keep it going. It was a tough game from the start, but you stuck with it and in one case, helped your team to a victory.
The replacements

The tea is ready award
This award goes to the player who came in for a ball and a bisquit and not much else.
Radishhead

Best co-mod award
This award goes to the co-mod who stood out in the crowd. He is best known for his votals on day 4 and 6, ending day 7, and updating the thread title after the game was over...but I personally noticed him for all the nudes he sent me in the mod thread.
Truckosaurus

Worst mod-ever award
This award goes to the person who pretty much sucks at life and kept forgetting to send stefl his watcher results. His flavor was nice but prattled on like some Ivy-league fratboy bullshitting his way through a social sciences presentation.

Most popular
This one goes to Noctis for being poisoned and killed in the same night. Maybe attending the ball was not such a good idea.

Honorary Scum award
Spurge. I still love you though, baka.

Missing condom award
Somehow, you pulled it off without anyone figuring it out, and sowed the seeds of doom and despair all over your opponents.
Hylian and Impertinence

Dear Diary, today was a pretty good day award
Goes to the player who was just fun to watch and had the most fun playing. It was a pleasure having you in the game
Smeags

Thanks to everyone for the game

I know exactly what my role did, it was the goddamn miller that shot me to hell.

(glares)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
I know exactly what my role did, it was the goddamn miller that shot me to hell.

(glares)

a game with a cop should always have at least a miller or a godfather.
Unfortunately, you got quadruple that.

Either way, spurge was a good lynch (in my opinion)

I probably would have continued to use my role had spurge not pressured me into revealing it.