By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Angry Birds film cast announced

Is Angry birds still a thing? and a tetris movie I heard that this morning and thought it was a joke.

Around the Network
Mr_No said:
I thought this was October 1st, not April 1st.

First Tetris, now this? I can't--

The angry birds movie was announced a while ago. So it's not really "First Tetris".

wilco said:
Mr_No said:
I thought this was October 1st, not April 1st.

First Tetris, now this? I can't--

The angry birds movie was announced a while ago. So it's not really "First Tetris".

I've heard rumors about the Angry Birds movie before. What I meant was that "First Tetris, now the Angry Birds movie is happening." 

why isnt Angry Birds dead yet? I thought it was, especially after that failed karting game. I guess they semi resurrected it with Angry Transformers Birds.

Still, would make more sense to make a Skylander movie.... straight to DVD movie.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

It's gonna flop, noone cares about angry birds anymore

Around the Network

I didn't realize angry birds was still relevant

A movie based on this:

Just made $468 million dollars worldwide on a $60 million dollar budget. 

And this toy line

Has generated $700 million-$1 billion+ in box office reciepts for like four straight movies. 

I wouldn't count out an Angry Birds movie. 

If Nintendo was more clued in to the West they could make a lot of money maybe not from a Mario movie per se, but a "Nintendo Movie" (like the Lego Movie) ... no problem. Disney basically already did it with Wreck It Ralph. Also Zelda IMO could be a fairly good earning movie franchise too if the cast had enough teen appeal. Maybe not as big as Harry Potter, LOTR, or Hunger Games, but not too far off either with a good script. 

And yet we'll never get a legit Zelda movie...... -__-

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Lego has a pretty big scope though, plenty of plot options.Transformers has a decent theme for a movie.What does angry birds have?

Nettles said:
Lego has a pretty big scope though, plenty of plot options.Transformers has a decent theme for a movie.What does angry birds have?

Highly recoginizable character design. Paired with what sounds like a lot of Saturday Night Live voice actors, a screenwriter can make a movie from that. Believe me. LEGO is a bunch of toy blocks, what "scope" does it really have, a writer can create a world for the Angry Birds too ... start with a "bird" who doesn't fit in with the other Angry Birds in his Angry Bird village/city/town, goes on an adventure, yada, yada, yada. Kids eat up most anything animated, have some funny jokes for the adults like the Shrek movies did and voila ... now you have a film franchise.