By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - COD: Advanced Warfare Preordering more than 50% behind Ghosts

I think Destiny pre-ordering so high is the reason for this.. (If we believe VGChartz pre-order numbers)... Pre-ordering is not really needed anymore.. and most are starting to see this. Now that the Destiny hype has faded.. I think COD: AW will see a big uptick.. I think a good chunk are waiting for reviews also.. COD: Ghosts was so "MEH!". I think COD: AW will review better, and the sales will follow.

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
eFKac said:
Carl2291 said:
Not surprising in the slightest with big name competition going toe to toe with it now on a Yearly basis.

Destiny, Battlefield and Halo in 2014 alone. Thats a lot of big name FPS.

There's no Battlefield in 2014 though, which seems like the most direct competitor to the franchise. Destiny I think is different enough, and time difference should prevent heavy overlapping. There is Halo which is constrained by being exclusive to one platform. I actually think competition isn't that bad this holiday season for CoD, it's rather failing on it's own.

I totally forgot about Hardline being moved to March.

Call of Duty needs a break away for 18 Months, I think.

It just needs a good game with some changes to the Call of Duty formula. Everything was good up to MW3. Then MW3 got hate for not even trying to change anything and bringing back Deathstreaks, something the community begged the developers to get rid of. Also the lack of post-launch support and shitty weapon balance annoyed the general community.

Then BO2 came around, and was overall liked more than MW3, however it had really poor hit detection and 1 balance problem: the Target Finder which basically broke the entire game. However, BO2 really started Call of Duty eSports.

Then Ghosts came, and it was just pure shit. Infinity Ward again didn't even try to change anything about the gameplay and brought back Support streaks from MW3 which was heavily disliked by the community. The game also has the worst weapon balance to date in the franchise, they changed the amount of players in each loby from 18 to 12 on last-gen and had the worst maps in the franchise and. Also, 720p 60FPS on XB1, 1080p unstable 60FPS on PS4 all while it has absolutely shit graphics. Also the fact that IW simply refused to bring back things people liked about BO2 annoyed the community.

And now, AW. Improved visuals, new setting, bringing back things people liked about previous games, trying to change up gameplay, it's looking good. There's really only 2 things that can break this game: bad balance and bad hit detection. Also the fact that this game has had 3 year development time and has a different studio for PS3/X360 is liked by the community. Also, they're really listening to community feedback. I think it really shows Sledgehammer's ambitions.

Destiny will take it's place

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

i still think this game will outsell ghost in the Long run (by a small margin)

prayformojo said:
fireburn95 said:
I think people are starting to get bored of cod, MW1 was legendary, WOW was decent, MW2 was fun and Black Ops was good too. I havent bought cod since BO

People, imo, are starting to get bored with FPS in general. Titanfall, Destiny... they're all falling flat. I think the era of the FPS is drawing to a close much like the era of the platformer did. 

I do agree with you, kinda why every fps is forcing futuristic stuff on us

Around the Network

I bet these games still make huge profits.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

will sell at least 10M on Xb1 and ps4 before the yrs up
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=190930&page=1#5

lot of naysayers in here and there have been mutiple articles on n4g about how its PO are less and that it will sell less LT but yet the thread above is empty

Play Me

i just want to put out there that every publisher has told us that digital downloads of "full" games is massively higher on ps4/xbone than on ps360. any software comparison that only considers retail is inherently flawed.

i personally buy everything digitally now.

Can't say that I'm sad about this! :/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Good.
It's high time this series declined. It's had more than its fair share of time in the limelight.