By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One sales push past PS4 in UK after FIFA 15 and price cut sales spike

I guess that counts as an achievement for X1 these days. I'm sure Xbox fans won't care though, as they have assured us in plenty of other threads that they do not care about comparative sales between PS4 and X1

Around the Network

XBO deserves the fruitful results but thanks to that heavy marketing campaign. In the end MS ended with a tiny bit more market share in the UK but probably a few million £££ less in their bank account. DECISIONS DECISIONS.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...

This is a load of garbage. There is no way the X1 won out this week. The game store I work in last week sold 70 odd PS4s, and about 15 or so xbox ones off the back off Fifa. I'd be stunned if this was true!

PREDICTIONS FOR END OF 2015: (Made Jan 1st 2015)

PS4 - 34M - XB1 - 21m - WII U -12M

It does imply that it was a very small lead though (probably not more than 1k). Previous week numbers would be nice so we could use those percentages and estimate this week

Didn't we even get any percentages refering to last week? Cause then we'd extrapolate from Destiny week, then from that to this week

kristianity77 said:
This is a load of garbage. There is no way the X1 won out this week. The game store I work in last week sold 70 odd PS4s, and about 15 or so xbox ones off the back off Fifa. I'd be stunned if this was true!

It will be true. MCV are very very reputable. Love the anecdotal evidence though...

Around the Network

Xbo did well in the US on Madden week as well. But I don't see that as a trend. It's more of a blip. If one wins 4 weeks a year and the other wins 48 weeks, ehhh. Good job I guess?

Just saw this quote on gaf

"September 2014 will be remembered as the month the tides finally started to turn for the XB1. Between the console's revival in the US/UK and the successful launches in populous countries like China, Russia, and Japan, everything is looking (Xbox) Green right now as gamers are finally getting what they've been waiting so long for."

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Tons of marketing cash for pretend exclusive ads, bundles as well as a price cut and X1 "edging ever so slightly ahead in hardware sales for the week." Is not exactly huge...

Sounds plausible

Blood_Tears said:
Tons of marketing cash for pretend exclusive ads, bundles as well as a price cut and X1 "edging ever so slightly ahead in hardware sales for the week." Is not exactly huge...

Not huge and only surprising because the software numbers painted a different picture.It does shows the Xbox One hardware is responsive to software, especially in conjunction to price promotions. It bodes well for the coming fall where MS arguably has the strongest line up of all 3 systems.