By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One sales push past PS4 in UK after FIFA 15 and price cut sales spike

Mcv are basically chart track in uk. So this is very credible.

To be honest xbox one is getting good attention in uk atm. Especially horizon 2, fifa and mcc is getting alot of floor space.

Around the Network

Do we have HW for previous week (outside of VGC)?

MoHasanie said:
Wait, do they not count software sales from bundles? Cause maybe FIFA on X1 sold more.

Yes, Chart-Track do. Both physical and download codes in bundles.

DaltonAbbey said:
Do we have HW for previous week (outside of VGC)?

Nope, sorry. VGC doesn't even have it yet.

sully1311 said:
HylianSwordsman said:
Oh wait, the article says that. So then why would the XBO as a whole sell that much better? Still weird.

What's so weird about it?

If the PS4 version sold the best, and it was bundled at the same price as the XBO, how did the XBO sell more systems when it sold less of the game? I'm thinking that FIFA had very little to do with the boost, and it was mostly people excited about the price cut. It's the only way the math makes sense.

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
Wait, do they not count software sales from bundles? Cause maybe FIFA on X1 sold more.

They would of have to of sold around 100k bundles. 

Not happening.

HylianSwordsman said:
sully1311 said:
HylianSwordsman said:
Oh wait, the article says that. So then why would the XBO as a whole sell that much better? Still weird.

What's so weird about it?

If the PS4 version sold the best, and it was bundled at the same price as the XBO, how did the XBO sell more systems when it sold less of the game? I'm thinking that FIFA had very little to do with the boost, and it was mostly people excited about the price cut. It's the only way the math makes sense.

PS4 bundle was only announced 2 days before Friday, whereas the official FIFA bundle was announced at Gamescom and available to pre-order since, plus the FIFA exclusive marketing is with Xbox.

sully1311 said:

PS4 bundle was only announced 2 days before Friday, whereas the official FIFA bundle was announced at Gamescom and available to pre-order since, plus the FIFA exclusive marketing is with Xbox.

But then why didn't the XBO FIFA SKU sell the best? It just doesn't make sense. I think people were just buying XBOs because of the price cut and getting other games. Not that Microsoft would complain about something like that, if anything, it's much better than a boost from a game. It means they're more interested in the console itself. Perhaps we'll see a similar price cut reach the states, if the success of this UK one says anything.

Percentages - do not matter. The PS4 has sold much better thanks "Destiny". Now with Fifa again more.

I think the USA charts are funny. two ps4 bundles on top 20. first xboxone bundle on space 45 oO

HylianSwordsman said:
sully1311 said:

But then why didn't the XBO FIFA SKU sell the best? It just doesn't make sense. I think people were just buying XBOs because of the price cut and getting other games. Not that Microsoft would complain about something like that, if anything, it's much better than a boost from a game. It means they're more interested in the console itself. Perhaps we'll see a similar price cut reach the states, if the success of this UK one says anything.

Because the PS4 has around ~400k lead in the UK.