By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor is 720P30FPS on XBONE confirmed by a Belgium team.

Yikes. Will there be 720p games on X1 throughout the gen?!

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

So, is this the reason why batman: arkham knight was delayed?

The more you stress hardware, the greater the differences are shown.

I remember somebody saying that the gap will widen, not sure who though.

Devs can put more time and effort optimising the X1 version to bridge the gap. Some don't do it like that though.

PS, PS2, Gameboy Advance, PS3, PSP, PS4, Xbox One

beeje13 said:
The more you stress hardware, the greater the differences are shown.

I remember somebody saying that the gap will widen, not sure who though.

Devs can put more time and effort optimising the X1 version to bridge the gap. Some don't do it like that though.

So that means it will be the 7th Generation all over again?

Around the Network
todd2r said:
Lazy developers. After seeing things like Ryse and Forza Horizon 2, this should not happen.

It's not lazy devs it's MS being cheap. They choose to use slow ram and ESRAM combination. This makes it so devs have to work harder for what? So MS can save some money.  Well some devs are refusing to put in as much work as others and who can blame them really.

Wow, if they're right this is definitely going to be big news next month. Especially considering that the game is getting great reviews. I'm glad I have a PS4.

I don't believe in this comment. If the PS4 version is 1080/60 I would believe a X1 version at 720 or 900/60 or maybe 1080/30. But 720/30? That's as fake as it sounds.

method114 said:
todd2r said:
Lazy developers. After seeing things like Ryse and Forza Horizon 2, this should not happen.

It's not lazy devs it's MS being cheap. They choose to use slow ram and ESRAM combination. This makes it so devs have to work harder for what? So MS can save some money.  Well some devs are refusing to put in as much work as others and who can blame them really.

Microsoft worked close to every major developer when designing the console. They knew what they were doing when developing the hardware.

1080p only became a issue because Sony decided that was the their target for next gen. And when XOne lost the mindshare and hardcore suport with the "TV,TV,TV" and DRM reveal... well,  gamers had to choose their weapon in the console war.

And as resolution is a easy, streight forward thing to understant (big number is better) and is basicaly the only thing that set appart some games. It was chosen as their champion. Eventhough most people can´t tell the difference, in their minds they have to chose the better.

method114 said:

It's not just harder to work with, X1 is indeed substantially weaker. The GPU on PS4 has around 50% more power and the memory architecture is better. The GDDR5 on PS4 is as fast as the ESRAM on X1, the difference is that PS4 has 8GB of fast memory while X1 has only 32MB. Even if you put a lot of work on it you simply can't beat the hardware difference.