By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Company Do You See Leaving the Console Business First?

so?

Microsoft 452 77.26%

Nintendo 54 9.23%

Sony 79 13.50%

Total:585
Soundwave said:

Console business isn't some indefinite thing anyway.

I suspect even Sony will stop making consoles after Playstation 5 as streaming takes over.

Gigabit internet will be available in most places by then. 

Most second countries will have Gigabit internet you mean. Only successful third party countries have even any internet. 

Around the Network

Pretty sure Microsoft.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

sweetoothj said:
Microsoft made money off the xbox division in 2013. What are you guys talking about?

Wishful thinking. 

It's making money even though all this money is being poored into it.... Cash reserves also. MS have shown that they have a vision for the future. I doubt they'll leave. 

Nintendo is a gaming company, they'll never leave. Least likely of the 3.

Sony is doing well this generation, sure, but they're still pouring money out of every orifice and even created new ones that have begun to leak. They'll either spin off playstation or be bought out... Eventually. 

I really can't see any leaving at this point though. 

I can see MS leaving, because they can switch to PC gaming to push Windows.

Sony and Nintendo are more dependent on console gaming.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Considering the fact that almost every XbOne exclusive is going to be ported on PC, I say Microsoft.

Hey don't click here ! It's creepy !!

I want a PlayStation All-Stars Sequel ! Come on Sony, stop making too many shooters !

I'll make a better signature when I'll have time to do it...  

Around the Network

Nintendo will stand the test of time, Microsoft will go out first in favor of their other divisions, Sony will probably go subscription based or focus just on PlayStation and Nintendo will be making game consoles probably for the next century.

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

Microsoft first, as investors are trying to get the Xbox brand pulled.

Sony second, as they are having financial woes - next year could be worse. Despite Sony retracting, I still see someone picking up the PlayStation brand.

Nintendo last. They're the ironmen of the video game industry (some would even say cockroaches) true survivors. They'll find a way to survive until video gaming becomes obsolete.

As I'ved said before this is either sony or microsoft. Sony going bankrupt vs Microsoft downsizing/leaving at a moments notice. I would expound but I do not have a propper keyboard so typing sucks

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

MoHasanie said:
Microsoft will leave first after they realize Xbox is a waste of money. Sony will leave next after going out of business, and Nintendo will leave when their savings run out.

does that mean.... Ouya will have 100% market share? 

Ouya WINS!!!!