Forums - Sony Discussion - Prediction: 80% of Driveclub's sales will be Digital

Agree?

Maybe 42 27.63%

Yes 25 16.45%

No 85 55.92%

Total:152
GTAexpert said:
eFKac said:
Lol no. I'm not even sure if you're serious or damage control if DriveClub flops, and it has a good chance to.

From the Ubisoft financial report we know that their normal retail games are averaging around 10% digital on PS4 and Xbone iirc.
With all the incentives DriveClub, I can see it doing maybe 25-30% digital.

Its not against my personal interests if Driveclub flops, so why would I damage control?

Anyways, if you didn't notice, with Driveclub Sony has given two HUGE incentives for people to buy it digitally and they will certainly skew the ratio in digital's favour by much more than 15-20% above the norm. 90% is quite likely for all the incentives Sony is giving.

Well people on this site (and many others) because they are to put it lightly and spare me a ban, very devoted fans, just check some of the threads that pop here weekly. So if you didn't then my apologies.

And honestly I noticed 1 incentive and wouldn't call it particularly huge. A price advantage, a good one admittedly, for less than 50% of the userbase last time we knów iirc, that can of course vary, which can be easily negated if someone likes to trade or exchange their games, and then you have your regular retail vs digital debatę. So no 90% is not likely, it's crazy and won't happen. In like a most optimistic scenario I could see it doing 50% and that won't happen either. We'll most likely never know what the ratio will be.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network
DaltonAbbey said:
Not that high because there are two bundles in EU and they are physical, should sell decently

maybe 40%-50%

See, that's the thing, the bundles are exclusive to the EU, so what about sales from the rest of the world? Besides, there have already been a lot many PS4's sold in EU, and their are high chances that many of its customers have already bought a PS4 or would rather buy a standalone PS4 and check out the free PS Plus version.

GTAexpert said:
DaltonAbbey said:
Not that high because there are two bundles in EU and they are physical, should sell decently

maybe 40%-50%

See, that's the thing, the bundles are exclusive to the EU, so what about sales from the rest of the world? Besides, there have already been a lot many PS4's sold in EU, and their are high chances that many of its customers have already bought a PS4 or would rather buy a standalone PS4 and check out the free PS Plus version.

The bundles are probably targeted toward people that don't even know there's a PS+ edition

They go into the store, see the hottest new console with a picture of pretty cars on the box and buy it.

I don't even see 30% buying the digital version lmao

I hope it will be since, the game has around 100 k physical pre orders in the US when it launches.
(By this logic this means 1 million units sold on launchday in the US 100K physical +900K digital)
Racing games always sell good in Europe so Europe will also have 100k physical pre orders.
(Another million units sold)
Japan will have 50k pre orders, (450k digital) so using your theory that would mean the game is set to sell more then 2.5 million units in October.

Back to reality it will probably not even sell half of that in October. So a 60 Physical 40 Digital would seem more likely. That still means the combined sales will surpass a million units.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
Maciveli said:
eFKac said:
Lol no. I'm not even sure if you're serious or damage control if DriveClub flops, and it has a good chance to.

From the Ubisoft financial report we know that their normal retail games are averaging around 10% digital on PS4 and Xbone iirc.

Not sure if serious or just trolling.

EV games have always done well, there are one of the most pretty consistent devloper, there is no chance its flops its the right game on the right console by the right people at the rigth time.  LOL good chance, ahh game fanschans.    

Incentive, its near 30% cheaper to get it with Plus.  

You need to do your homework before you say someone is trolling buddy, or you won't be here for long (unless you're someones alt, and you won't be here long regardless)

So better check how well last two Evolution games did on the PS3, you're in for a surprise.

User was moderated for this post (and others in the thread) - Conegamer

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

eFKac said:
GTAexpert said:
eFKac said:

Its not against my personal interests if Driveclub flops, so why would I damage control?

Anyways, if you didn't notice, with Driveclub Sony has given two HUGE incentives for people to buy it digitally and they will certainly skew the ratio in digital's favour by much more than 15-20% above the norm. 90% is quite likely for all the incentives Sony is giving.

Well people on this site (and many others) because they are to put it lightly and spare me a ban, very devoted fans, just check some of the threads that pop here weekly. So if you didn't then my apologies.

And honestly I noticed 1 incentive and wouldn't call it particularly huge. A price advantage, a good one admittedly, for less than 50% of the userbase last time we knów iirc, that can of course vary, which can be easily negated if someone likes to trade or exchange their games, and then you have your regular retail vs digital debatę. So no 90% is not likely, it's crazy and won't happen. In like a most optimistic scenario I could see it doing 50% and that won't happen either. We'll most likely never know what the ratio will be.

The price advantage is one HUGE incentive. Many people would go for the cheaper option when given the chance. There is another reason too. Its simply more convenient to digitally upgrade from the PS Plus version.

Besides why would anyone without PS Plus buy the game? Driveclub is heavily multiplayer oriented, so it makes sense that mostly PS Plus subscribers would buy digitally. In any case the number of PS Plus subscribers itself will likely balloon after Driveclub launches.

jlmurph2 said:
How will 90% be digital if the number of PS+ members is like 50%? It also comes with a white PS4 retail I think. So no, I disagree.

The percentage of PS+ members doesn't mean the game can't sell 90% digital. Based off his post, he's saying that the game will flop extremley hard at retail, and that majority of the people who have PS+ will get it digitally. It's a possible outcome.

DaltonAbbey said:
GTAexpert said:
DaltonAbbey said:

maybe 40%-50%

The bundles are probably targeted toward people that don't even know there's a PS+ edition

They go into the store, see the hottest new console with a picture of pretty cars on the box and buy it.

I don't think anyone would spend 440 Euros/500 Euros just for "pretty cars". Its likely that they would research a bit more.

eFKac said:
Maciveli said:
eFKac said:

Not sure if serious or just trolling.

EV games have always done well, there are one of the most pretty consistent devloper, there is no chance its flops its the right game on the right console by the right people at the rigth time.  LOL good chance, ahh game fanschans.    

Incentive, its near 30% cheaper to get it with Plus.  

You need to do your homework before you say someone is trolling buddy, or you won't be here for long (unless you're someones alt, and you won't be here long regardless)

So better check how well last two Evolution games did on the PS3, you're in for a surprise.

Your comment is blatent trolling, bringin up fanboy shit that has nothing to do with the thread.  Damage control, what did that add to the thread or ignorant claim of flop when nothing is pointing to such a possability nor did you support your comment in any way.

No surprise.  They milked Motorstom to death and last did according to vg unreliable numbers 500k with no digital.  Even going by VG their 3 games sold 5.5 million on PS3. Not to shabby, as its show as i already claimed its the right game at the right time. 

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer