By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox exclusive D4 flops with less than 10k copies sold in first week (according to the game's leaderboards)

Aerys said:

Well, you are not totally honest there, considering the fact PS3 version released 3 years after 360 version, there was nothing more to expect from a game selling mostly in the Us, most people who wanted the game there already had it

It doesn't matter: Swery chose the platform from where Deadly Premonition sold more. Don't you consider that a logical choice? Whether it paid off or not, that's different.

Just because "generally" niche titles sell better on PS doesn't mean all niche titles sell better on PS. That's a misconception.

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:

I'm not exactly sure if you know this but the reason Deadly Premonition on the PS3 had sold less than half the xbox 360 version was because it released in other big territories like NA and EU in a very late fashion. It took 3 years for most users to be able to have access on the PS3 version of Deadly Premonition compared to the xbox 360. 

Another thing is that the game sold poor in Japan and most of it's sales came from overseas so it's perfectly understandable why the game didn't fare well on the PS3. 

But as I replied to the other user, it's only logical to put your new game on the platform you saw more sales, no?

Hopfully the money MS game them to make it exclusive is enough to keep them okay.

Wright said:

But as I replied to the other user, it's only logical to put your new game on the platform you saw more sales, no?

True but how exactly is it fair to compare the game sales of the two platforms that had entirely different game release treatments ? 

Kyuu said:
LOL I didn't know the game even had a release date announced.

yea, there was complete silence about this title for month and then suddenly at TGS came the announcement that it releases the next day

that's not the type of "build up" we are used to as gamers

y2jarmyofficial said:

its not ms fault. It was tba states till 3 days before launch.the devs should of gave a release date ahead of time

uhm.. MS definitely knew it was ready to release at least a month in advance, because devs send in "release candidates" for testing and usually there is more than one before a title hits the (even the digital) store

Around the Network
Wright said:
Aerys said:

Well, you are not totally honest there, considering the fact PS3 version released 3 years after 360 version, there was nothing more to expect from a game selling mostly in the Us, most people who wanted the game there already had it

It doesn't matter: Swery chose the platform from where Deadly Premonition sold more. Don't you consider that a logical choice? Whether it paid off or not, that's different.

Just because "generally" niche titles sell better on PS doesn't mean all niche titles sell better on PS. That's a misconception.

I didnt think you meant that, but if it's really what they thought, no, it's not a logical choice, they knew why it sold more on 360 so they didnt think about it enough if this is the reason of their choice. I think it's mostly because they went to Ms first, Ms said yes, as simple as that.

Not but the fact niche titles tend to sell better on PS means a niche title has better chance to sell good on PS. Just like the fact 360 was the FPS console and FPS used to sell better on 360.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Mummelmann said:
What's D4? 10k is a disaster regardless though.

Dark Dreams Don't DIe ... AKA D4

It's pretty clever, right ?

I bearly even know what the game is about loll

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Aerys said:
They made the deal for the wrong console, and with the wrong company, thanks to Microsoft, we are fucked, we paid the first part and we will never get a sequel ...

The game isn't set up for being a game with sequels it tells a single story and is done after that.

fatslob-:O said:
Wright said:

True but how exactly is it fair to compare the game sales of the two platforms that had entirely different game release treatments ? 

It's not fair, but that isn't the point.