By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One Doing Very Well Despite the Naysayers.

I agree, I wish the WiiU were doing a little better, all three could be doing ok, that would be nice.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

No, its doing decent in the US ans horrible everywhere else

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

teigaga said:
wary-wallaroo said:
teigaga said:
saarr_x said:
Xbox One is doing horrible in Europe, it's like non existent in Japan and it's doing ok in the US although it gets it's ass kicked by the PS4 over there too. It's absolutely not doing very well, just accept it.

sales=sales. The region is quite irrelevant, anyway north america has been compensating for weak eu and japanese sales since 2001, nothing has changed there. 5m in 8months is solid, not amazing, definitely not poor. Its tracking ahead of the 360 and its better months are obviously ahead. I think threads like this exist because people treat  it like its a failing system ala Vita or Wii U, its not in the same category at all.

But OP '' Doing very well'' is simply not true.

What? No it hasn't. In fact, it seems NA has been getting weaker this gen, sales wise

For Xbox NA has always disguised weak japan and eu sales of the brand.

Sure, when it was dominating. That's not the case anymore 

Toastboy topics >>>>>> Jega topics :)

wary-wallaroo said:
teigaga said:
wary-wallaroo said:

What? No it hasn't. In fact, it seems NA has been getting weaker this gen, sales wise

Sure, when it was dominating. That's not the case anymore 

No its still pretty much in effect.  The Xbox can easily survive off North American sales alone. It managing 114k last week is just a glimpse of that. Moving forward into the fall that should be even more evident.

Around the Network
Namiirei said:
Non biased arguments >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Toastboy topics >>>>>> usual fanboy posts >>>> Jega topics :)

fixed;)

teigaga said:
wary-wallaroo said:
teigaga said:
saarr_x said:
Xbox One is doing horrible in Europe, it's like non existent in Japan and it's doing ok in the US although it gets it's ass kicked by the PS4 over there too. It's absolutely not doing very well, just accept it.

sales=sales. The region is quite irrelevant, anyway north america has been compensating for weak eu and japanese sales since 2001, nothing has changed there. 5m in 8months is solid, not amazing, definitely not poor. Its tracking ahead of the 360 and its better months are obviously ahead. I think threads like this exist because people treat  it like its a failing system ala Vita or Wii U, its not in the same category at all.

When the system is dominating like Xbox 360 was, yes. But it's not. 

Microsoft is already heading down back towards the Original Xbox where it's sales were very small. More people are picking up PS4's, & the gap between the sales of Xbox One & PS4 are getting bigger & bigger.

Well? Okay, sure. It might be dead in Japan, badly faltering in mainland Europe, and only apparently able to manage 'Not SUPER Behind The PS4' on a month to month basis, but it still at least has a solid enough install base so as not to fall into irrelevancy... Er, outside Japan. So that's good at least.

Very well? See above. Kiiiinda pushing it. =P

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

Jega said:

Xbox One is still tracking ahead of the Xbox 360 despite being $100 dollars more than the Xbox 360 at launch.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/251881/xbox-one-vs-xbox-360vgchartz-gap-chartsaugust-2014-update/

Xbox One is still moving tons of multi-platform games despite the Playstation 4 version being higher resolution, which shows

that many Gamers just don't care. The Naysayers said people would care and that the resolution difference

would make an impact on Xbox One sales.

The Xbox One version Call of Duty: Ghosts even outsold the Playstation 4 version in America despite the Playstation 4 being ahead 

in Console sales.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=Call+of+Duty%3A+Ghosts&publisher=&platform=&genre=&minSales=0&results=200

True Next-gen first party Xbox One Games like Forza Horizon 2 are running in 1080p like Microsoft said.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/more-xbox-one-games-will-run-in-1080p-over-time-microsoft-says/1100-6418408/

There is really nothing for me to say but you made me laugh.  Believe whatever you want to tell yourself bub.  People like you will always be able to convince yourself of whatever you want to believe.

Garland said:
teigaga said:
wary-wallaroo said:
teigaga said:
saarr_x said:

When the system is dominating like Xbox 360 was, yes. But it's not. 

Microsoft is already heading down back towards the Original Xbox where it's sales were very small. More people are picking up PS4's, & the gap between the sales of Xbox One & PS4 are getting bigger & bigger.

They really aren't. By the end of the year Xbox will be approaching 8-10m. Its really not comparable to the original Xbox and in 2015 it should be up YOY outside of January.

Microsoft can easily manage a worldwide baseline of 80-100k next year and the majority of that will come from north america. PS4 sales are irrelevant to Xbox's individual profitability, so it doesn't matter if the gap is increasing.