By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you prefer Hyrule Warriors over at least one 3D Zelda?

Tagged games:

?

Yes 69 33.82%

No 135 66.18%

Total:204

I wouldn't compare it. But Hyrule Warriours currently is the best musou game I played. Enjoing it very much.

Around the Network
I3LuEI3omI3eR said:

Maybe Wind Waker but not Majora's Mask. But that's a BIG IF...

However, it is easily the best looking game with Zelda Characters... EVER!

Also, I liked the twist in the Wind Waker with Tetra being Zelda.

You know that twist already happened right.. it felt so uneeded in WW it ruined the game a little for me. It was so obvious if you've played OOT. You knew this was coming and OOT did it way better.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~

It's not comparable to a real 3D Zelda game for me.

That being said, I'm pleasantly surprised by it. I bought it because it's Zelda, and I figured I'd have a little fun playing as the characters before I got bored. However, the game has so much wonderful fan-service and is quite polished. In my 5 hours so far, I've had a surprising amount of fun. Definitely happy I picked it up!

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

Its probably one of the best musou games, I wouldn't rank its very high amongst actual good Zelda titles though.

RolStoppable said:
Hyrule Warriors is the best Zelda game ever made.

Hi, Rol!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

How many people actually bought it? It may not stand to the other Zelda games for many people, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. It falls just short of me calling it a classic that everyone should buy regardless of taste, because it can be repetitive, but everyone who loves the Zelda universe, musou, action, or hack n' slash should buy it.

op: i can actually understand liking it more than majoras mask, just because its so different than any other 3d zelda. But, windwaker? I've found that every 3d zelda after ocarina of time is just ocarina of time with some cool stuff added. Kinda like final fantasy 1-9 is just final fantasy 1 with some improvements everytime around. So, i'm pretty curious how you could like hw more than windwaker. Just really hate the art style maybe?

CarcharodonKraz said:
op: i can actually understand liking it more than majoras mask, just because its so different than any other 3d zelda. But, windwaker? I've found that every 3d zelda after ocarina of time is just ocarina of time with some cool stuff added. Kinda like final fantasy 1-9 is just final fantasy 1 with some improvements everytime around. So, i'm pretty curious how you could like hw more than windwaker. Just really hate the art style maybe?

He already said the sailing mechanic turned him off ;) (page 5 of this thread)

I'm glad my first experience with WW was the HD version. The red sail eliminating the need to costantly change the wind and doubling speed was amazing.

I love the game but love more the original Zelda game! :)