By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Was Playstation Home a success or failure?

Was Playstation Home a success or failure?

It failed my expectations 68 79.07%

It succeeded my expectations 18 20.93%

Total:86

I never used it

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Around the Network
Xxain said:
Home would be awesome if it was Yakuza without combat.

Most people rather just play a real games online and that's probably why its closing.

It was an interesting idea, but it clearly just wasn't fun.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Ka-pi96 said:
Failure. I just don't get the point of it. It was free as well wasn't it? So Sony just spent loads of money making and maintaining it for.... nothing?

It was supported by micro transactions.

It apparently wasn't updated or had any significant updates in years. So it probably didn't do very well.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Good idea, just not executed right and due to restraints of ps3 limitations.

Never cared at all and never will be. If Sony has some money to spare, give me more free games. Cut the crap out.

Around the Network

Downloaded it once, but it was just boring. Good thing I never spent money there. The service was still a Beta for a reason.

The idea was neat. I think the potential suffered when Sony cut out the public voice chat, as that made the environment feel lifeless with all of the silence. Several areas were quite good, like the locoroco boat and personal space and the a Siren space seemed cool. The avatar animations were always very stiff and never got much improvement to make them seem more natural. As someone said before, there was too much loading needed between small areas, making traveling seem cumbersome. I think my favorite part of Home was the first Xi event, cause Sony made it interactive within Home and the real world.

I'd like to see Home return on the PS4, but Sony has to expand the foundational elements greatly to make it a success.

miiverse is like a message board, home was a 3d controllable space nothing similar imo.

what they stumbled on was the application of home, it should have been a simple cartoon graphics with fast loading and easy customisation

I hope they revisit it with lots of improvements, at times home had shit loads of users online

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:
miiverse is like a message board, home was a 3d controllable space nothing similar imo.

what they stumbled on was the application of home, it should have been a simple cartoon graphics with fast loading and easy customisation

I hope they revisit it with lots of improvements, at times home had shit loads of users online

They are the same because they're basically gaming oriented platforms where gaming fans can meet other like-minded gamers accross the world, discuss their favorite games, etc

A platform outside of the actual games

I personally hated it, but it must have been at least a relative success for Sony. They wouldn't have kept it online (and continually released new purchasable items) for 7 years if it wasn't.