By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bayonetta 2 initially in development for Sega, Kamiya says

DerNebel said:
bananaking21 said:
DerNebel said:
Sega are idiots.

why? the game was gonna flop anyway. this way Sega didnt spend on money on it but got some in return. 

See my reply to badgenome

i agree, sega are a trashy company, but even on xb1, ps360 and ps4. it would still have lost money. IMO, they shouldnt have bothered with bayo 2 at all. 

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Though, that being said, it would surprise me if Nintendo bought the whole game out-right without buying the IP. Seems like that would be a bad investment.

They didn't buy the IP as far as anyone is aware. Something like that should be on some publically accessible record.

DerNebel said:

Sales would have been better had the game released years ago on the PS3/360 or if it would be releasing on PS3/PS4/360/X1 now.

But I mean more in general, Sega are just a trashy game company.

No argument there. Their "kill off everything but Sonic/Aliens" strategy blows.

I'm not sure how well Bayonetta 2 would fare on the other consoles, though. Assuming the exact same release date, it would probably just get lost in the flood of all the other October/November games. Bayonetta did so well in part because it came out during the January dead period.

bananaking21 said:
DerNebel said:
bananaking21 said:
DerNebel said:
Sega are idiots.

why? the game was gonna flop anyway. this way Sega didnt spend on money on it but got some in return. 

See my reply to badgenome

i agree, sega are a trashy company, but even on xb1, ps360 and ps4. it would still have lost money. IMO, they shouldnt have bothered with bayo 2 at all. 

Sega downsized massively a few years ago as I recall. I'm guessing one of the results was ending their relationship with Platinum Games entirely. 

Sega has not worked with them in 4 years and the only reason they're even involved with Bayo 2 at all is because they hold some of the franchise rights. But pretty sure they cut all actual active ties to Platinum after Vanquish was released four years ago. 

Since then Platinum has moved on to work with Konami, Nintendo, and Microsoft. 

I believe Sega really only works on like 5 IP now -- Sonic, Yakuza, Football Manager, Aliens, Total War.

The Wii U isn't that expensive, if you really want the game buy a Wii U. There's also a ton of other great titles on the console so you can most the most of the investment.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
ryuzaki57 said:
fleischr said:
Nintendo wouldn't have moneyhatted the whole project if they hadn't secured full exclusivity on Bayonetta 2.

Why didn't they do that for Ninja Gaiden Razor Edge or Rayman Legends then?

Two very different situations that are not at all like this one.

Ninja Gaiden had already released months earlier on other platforms. It was never an exclusive, just an enhanced port.

Rayman Legends originally was a Wii U exclusive by Ubisoft's own choice. Nintendo *never* moneyhatted any of it.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

TruckOSaurus said:
The Wii U isn't that expensive, if you really want the game buy a Wii U. There's also a ton of other great titles on the console so you can most the most of the investment.

Not that I'd reccomend it, but if it's really that big of a spur up one's ass, you could GameFly Bayonetta 2, buy a Wii U on your credit card, play the game for a couple of weeks, beat it, and then return the Wii U. 

TruckOSaurus said:

Right, and you don't even need to keep it for any game if you didn't want to.

If Bayo 2 is the *only* title someone is interested in, they can just as well buy the system and the game used and sell it back. Easy as that. Very mininal spent net out of pocket when its all said and done.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

badgenome said:
DerNebel said:
Sega are idiots.

Looking at sales so far, Sega are smarts.

It's weird to see people saying different.

Lol poor Ryuzaki, you really want to play this game don't you?

If you're are so desperate to play it, just buy a used wii u and sell it after 5 days. I would also recommend playing it over at a friend, but since we're talking about wii u here...stick to the first option.

As for the article, good for Sega, they dodged a bullet here, and probably got a hefty sum from Nintendo instead.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!