By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GameStop Wants to Sell "Used" Console DLC

I'd rather just download the DLC for free, piracy style. Not that I do that, of course.

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
Danman27 said:

Do you really see a degradation of value in used games though? 

Uhhh, yeah? 

Physical media can get scratched and broken, at which point no longer has value.  Value decreased to nothing -> degradation of value.  

That's an extreme case, but still, even with games that work perfectly there is degradation of value.  

Otherwise, why would Gamestop sell used copies at a lower price?  If the value is the same as a new copy, why don't they sell it at the same exact price?  

If it's of collector status, then just opening up the package can completely ruin the value.  

Just opening the package degrades the value of the game, because it goes from being new to being opened which doesn't have the same value.  

Precisely. Digital content doesn't suffer from this so how could they sell used dlc? There's no difference between a USED digital item and a NEW digital item , so how can there be a monetary difference ?

CDiablo said:
This is pretty much what the original vision of Xbox One was. People dont want it.

Yeah, like cooking a frog. Don't put them in the hot water like MS tried too. They'll jump out. Put them in the cold, familiar water and slowly turn up the heat. 

I see real-estate in GameStop's future... they already are trying to do everything else.

NintendoPie said:
I see real-estate in GameStop's future... they already are trying to do everything else.

If you buy a house from them before it's built, you'll get some fancy hand-made drapes and carpets. You'll have to pay to access places like the Family Room and the attic. And of course, if you sell the house, the value will be less than half of the original price. That would suit them perfectly.