By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GameStop Wants to Sell "Used" Console DLC

They will soon start to sell air....

Around the Network

lol used dlc? How is that even possible? I guess Netflix library of movies consists of "used" movies.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

Isn't that up to MS and Sony if it's non refundable? They're pretty much the "retailer" in that sense, so I don't see how Gamestop can muscle in.

I don't even understand how that would be possible.

the-pi-guy said:
WhiteEaglePL said:
They will soon start to sell air....

Lays is waaay ahead of you.  

Lay's > Walkers!!!!!

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:
How the heck do you even do that?

You sell your license to have access to the game and someone else buys it. It's really not much different than selling a used game. 

The thing about used physical games is there is wear and tear, fingerprints on the disc and possible scratches etc. There's none of that with a digital item, so why would it be cheaper?

Danman27 said:
MohammadBadir said:
How the heck do you even do that?

You sell your license to have access to the game and someone else buys it. It's really not much different than selling a used game. 

That makes sense but why would publishers ever agree to that? It would only result in less money for themselves if they allowed that. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

the-pi-guy said:
Danman27 said:

But digital content doesn't see value degradation in the same way physical content does.  

Selling digital content in some games makes sense, not everyone will have the same opportunity to get something.  

But this would basically be taking an item, adding a label to it that says "used" and selling it cheaper when it is exactly the same as a "new" one.  

Do you really see a degradation of value in used games though? 

If you guys stop buying from Gamestop, then maybe that will help with the DLC thing.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!