By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hyrule Warriors shows the Wii U's CPU isn't THAT weak

Tagged games:

curl-6 said:
errorpwns said:
Tachikoma said:
errorpwns said:

You're not a very good game developer then if you think one script handles every enemy on the battlefield.

Script?

Try harder.

Point is active A.I on screen IS and always has been CPU intensive. To suggest otherwise and to suggest it doesn't have anything to do with processor power is ignorant. Neither is it okay to suggest there aren't many commands needed to control a.i.

Okay guys, let's try to keep this is polite discussion, please?

Not sure what wasn't polite. I didn't call the person I was responding to anything bad. Was correcting them on how A.I is most commonly handled. People mention the PS2 in here, but the PS2 had a lot less going on in the background.

Around the Network
errorpwns said:

Point is active A.I on screen IS and always has been CPU intensive. To suggest otherwise and to suggest it doesn't have anything to do with processor power is ignorant. Neither is it okay to suggest there aren't many commands needed to control a.i. Multiplayer lag exist due to network connection issues and if it's on a server A.I spikes a servers CPU usage.

So you want us to believe that the network overhead, a network function that is active at all times on the wiiu, is responsible and solely responsible, for the lag?

I would go into it, deeply, about how wrong you are, but it's pointless, armchair developers "always know better".

*sigh*

Tachikoma said:
errorpwns said:

Point is active A.I on screen IS and always has been CPU intensive. To suggest otherwise and to suggest it doesn't have anything to do with processor power is ignorant. Neither is it okay to suggest there aren't many commands needed to control a.i. Multiplayer lag exist due to network connection issues and if it's on a server A.I spikes a servers CPU usage.

So you want us to believe that the network overhead, a network function that is active at all times on the wiiu, is responsible and solely responsible, for the lag?

I would go into it, deeply, about how wrong you are, but it's pointless, armchair developers "always know better".

*sigh*

This is gonna be good. xD

Hynad said:
Tachikoma said:
errorpwns said:

*sigh*

Come on man, do we really wanna stir the pot and encourage this turning ugly?

I'd love to read what Tachikoma has to say on it to be honest, as its pretty evident just looking through the thread that they are the only ones that have any idea what they are talking about.

PREDICTIONS FOR END OF 2015: (Made Jan 1st 2015)

PS4 - 34M - XB1 - 21m - WII U -12M

Around the Network
kristianity77 said:
I'd love to read what Tachikoma has to say on it to be honest, as its pretty evident just looking through the thread that they are the only ones that have any idea what they are talking about.

Not the only one but one of the last still caring :)

curl-6 said:
Hynad said:
Tachikoma said:

*sigh*

Come on man, do we really wanna stir the pot and encourage this turning ugly?

Come on Curl. You say this to me, yet you created this thread to stir up shit that hadn't been stirred up in months.

Tachikoma said:
errorpwns said:

*sigh*

No I was simply answering the other question of why it lags more online. Also my point that a.i functionality takes CPU usage is reaffirmed. I'm not an arm chair developer and I've worked with A.I before. It's not about "Always knows better" but about "This is how A.I has been handled for years".  I'd love for you to go into how "wrong" I am. You might even learn a thing or two about A.I when it's all said and done.

Hynad said:

Come on Curl. You say this to me, yet you created this thread to stir up shit that hadn't been stirred up in months.

So it's "stirring up shit" to question the widespread troll propaganda surrounding the Wii U?

so it's not THAT weak, it's just weak?

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian