By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - whats wrong with xbox one on amazon.com?

Ka-pi96 said:
Maybe they all sold out?

Sony want to make money by selling art, Nintendo want to make money by selling fun, Microsoft want to make money.

Around the Network
only777 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Maybe they all sold out?

madden x1 bundle is actually sold out through amazon believe it or not

Praise the One.

Ka-pi96 said:
archer9234 said:

It's amazon.com. They suck with certain things. Like they never stocked the Zelda 3ds XL bundle. I had to buy from Best Buy.

That's quite odd really. Amazon.co.uk are pretty much on top of everything.

They had a pretty deep disagreement with Nintendo of America.  No one is sure over what, exactly, though there have been a lot of rumors, from Amazon being unhappy with the way Nintendo handled returns to a stalemate over Wal-mart getting superior terms.

Personally, I think that because Amazon goes through so much stock so quickly, and because they don't have to worry about residual stock on shelves, we see discontinued SKUs disappear while they're still avaliable elsewhere, in preparation for new SKUs.

SweetTalia said:
only777 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Maybe they all sold out?

madden x1 bundle is actually sold out through amazon believe it or not

Yeah, I was just being stupid.

I know Madden is a big deal in America, kinda like how Fifa is for the rest of the world

Sony want to make money by selling art, Nintendo want to make money by selling fun, Microsoft want to make money.

Maybe they want MS to pay since MS has been throwing so much money around at useless things recently

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Maybe they're cutting back on X1 stock to get rid of excess. I mean, they still have Day One editions in stock, let that sink in for a bit

Ka-pi96 said:
pokoko said:

They had a pretty deep disagreement with Nintendo of America.  No one is sure over what, exactly, though there have been a lot of rumors, from Amazon being unhappy with the way Nintendo handled returns to a stalemate over Wal-mart getting superior terms.

Personally, I think that because Amazon goes through so much stock so quickly, and because they don't have to worry about residual stock on shelves, we see discontinued SKUs disappear while they're still avaliable elsewhere, in preparation for new SKUs.

That actually makes a lot of sense. Could well be the case.

The disagreements though seem odd, I've only ever heard of stuff like that before when one company couldn't afford to pay the other, but hey it's America so it must be different.

When you're dealing with a market the size of the United States, a seemingly minor disagreement on unit price can actually equate to millions of dollars.  A lot of companies play hardball, as well.  Wal-mart, for instance, is notorious for simply offering a slashed wholesale price and saying, "take it or leave it."

Wait, so they're not even offering them? It's not a stock issue, they're just not there at all?

Weird, Amazon is missing out on the sales boost then.

kupomogli said:
Sony moneyhatted Amazon. That's where the 2 billion loss came from.

no need.  amazon had to make room for all those fireTV consoles they are selling..

Lack of demand and over stock.

They want to rid them selves of day one editions before xmas.