By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - whats wrong with xbox one on amazon.com?

There's probably an issue between Amazon and Microsoft or there isn't that much demand for the console.

Around the Network

XBox One, XBox One+Kinect Day One Edition, Titanfall+Kinect bundle, Madden bundle are all available now, COD and Sunset Overdrive bundles are available for preorder.

But the Xbox One Day One Edition is still there

whiteknight101 said:

XBox One, XBox One+Kinect Day One Edition, Titanfall+Kinect bundle, Madden bundle are all available now, COD and Sunset Overdrive bundles are available for preorder.

only sold from resellers. not amazon.

and the numbers are very low for that sales

maybe even non existing, because of the pricetag

prinz_valium said:
whiteknight101 said:

The day one edition with Kinect is shipped from Amazon, and the COD and SO that are available for preorder are also shipped from Amazon. I guess the other ones sold out during the "get an additional game for free" week.

The reason why Amazon isn't quick to re-stock Kinect bundled SKUs could be that they're burned by still have Day One in stock. Might be a similar story with the other bundles: they didnt move well, and Amazon were fine with having their stock cleared by the Destiny for free offer and moving on to the upcoming bundles, hoping they might do better. It's all speculation of course.

Around the Network
whiteknight101 said:
prinz_valium said:
whiteknight101 said:

The day one edition with Kinect is shipped from Amazon, and the COD and SO that are available for preorder are also shipped from Amazon. I guess the other ones sold out during the "get an additional game for free" week.

The reason why Amazon isn't quick to re-stock Kinect bundled SKUs could be that they're burned by still have Day One in stock. Might be a similar story with the other bundles (they didnt move well, and Amazon were fine with having their stock cleared by the Destiny for free offer and moving on to the upcoming bundles, hoping they might do better). It's all speculation of course.

i know

thats what i said.

only availbe sku RIGHT NOW is the kinectless one

3 weeks before there were 3 more skus avaiable (madden, kinect and forza)

and this day one bundle is just a joke. its on stock for 5 or 6 month now.

prinz_valium said:
whiteknight101 said:
prinz_valium said:
whiteknight101 said:

The reason why Amazon isn't quick to re-stock Kinect bundled SKUs could be that they're burned by still have Day One in stock. Might be a similar story with the other bundles (they didnt move well, and Amazon were fine with having their stock cleared by the Destiny for free offer and moving on to the upcoming bundles, hoping they might do better). It's all speculation of course.

i know

thats what i said.

only availbe sku RIGHT NOW is the kinectless one

3 weeks before there were 3 more skus avaiable (madden, kinect and forza)

and this day one bundle is just a joke. its on stock for 5 or 6 month now.

If it's a joke I'm sure neither Amazon nor Microsoft are laughing. The day one edition IS available right now, and think about it - why would Amazon restock any kinect-bundled SKU when they still have day one's in stock?

The Titanfall bundle was with kinect, and while the game was "free", it was still 499$ because of the kinect. That bundle is the highest ranked XBO sku on the yearly chart on Amazon, but it probably started selling poorly from the point when the kinect-less SKUs became available. It didnt make the top-100 in August: http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2014-08/videogames, while the upcoming CoD bundle did (#89).

Forza 5 Bundle was also with kinect.

So the question is: why stock up on a product which was hard to move when there are better (kinect-less) options coming?

I think it's quite plausible that another reason (beyond trying to keep up with the PS4) why it was a smart move for Microsoft to do the one-game-for-free offer during the Destiny launch was that it helped retailers get rid of their stock in SKUs that the market didnt want and keep them happy.

Why the Madden bundle is out of stock at Amazon is the only remaining mystery. Maybe Microsoft and retailers were overly conservative with the size of shipments because of previous over-shipping, and it sold out last week with the free game offer?

whiteknight101 said:

If it's a joke I'm sure neither Amazon nor Microsoft are laughing. The day one edition IS available right now, and think about it - why would Amazon restock any kinect-bundled SKU when they still have day one's in stock?

The Titanfall bundle was with kinect, and while the game was "free", it was still 499$ because of the kinect. That bundle is the highest ranked XBO sku on the yearly chart on Amazon, but it probably started selling poorly from the point when the kinect-less SKUs became available. It didnt make the top-100 in August: http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2014-08/videogames, while the upcoming CoD bundle did (#89).

Forza 5 Bundle was also with kinect.

So the question is: why stock up on a product which was hard to move when there are better (kinect-less) options coming?

I think it's quite plausible that another reason (beyond trying to keep up with the PS4) why it was a smart move for Microsoft to do the one-game-for-free offer during the Destiny launch was that it helped retailers get rid of their stock in SKUs that the market didnt want and keep them happy.

Why the Madden bundle is out of stock at Amazon is the only remaining mystery. Maybe Microsoft and retailers were overly conservative with the size of shipments because of previous over-shipping, and it sold out last week with the free game offer?

why are u so obsessed with that day one bundle?

it just dont sell because (i dont know)

its the same value and price like the kinec bundle without forza 5

maybe no1 cares about a day one bundle 250 days after day one any more...

amazon is the only (big) retailer who has it available.

the madden bundle was "out of stock", or put down form the website, before the free game promotion started.

the forza bundle was available during the free game promotion

maybe ms want to do the kinectless sku only and sell kinect seperate from now.

Well you asked what's "wrong" with XBox One on Amazon, and I tried to offer some speculation which I think makes sense. Which is basically that kinect SKUs sold very poorly after the introduction of kinect-less ones, and Amazon and other retailers have no interest in re-stocking them.

Your guess that Microsoft doesnt want to ship kinect bundles anymore is possible too, and would probably be due to the same reason: that they have sold poorly after the introduction of the kinect-less ones.

You wrote in the OP that there were NO kinect bundled SKUs available - but there are.

For the Madden bundle it's not just amazon. It's hard to find anywhere, and given npd, it seems they just didn't make enough. Lost opportunity, but stores were probably gunshy after overstock problems with other xb1 skus.