By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official FINAL FANTASY XV HYPE Thread - New Info Revealed! FFXV Online?!

Tagged games:

Are you hyped for FFXV?

Hell yes! For the PS4! 154 85.08%

Hell yes! For the Xbox One 4 2.21%

Nope... Not hyped. 17 9.39%

Not getting it. 6 3.31%

Total:181
shadow_satey said:

No.

Hype creates stupid people. It's like when Christian nuts praise the end of the world, and get hyped for it, and then when it doesn't deliver...

Look, I learned my lesson with Final Fantasy XIII (And XIV Version 1.0 [And SimCity {And The Sims 4}]) and I'm not buying anything until I see solid reviews for the game, both critically and userly. I'm not going to be SE bait, or any other companys for that matter. I'm so tired of shelling out money for a game that is so useless, unfun, or incomplete. XV, and my friend would agree, looks like they didn't know what they were doing, and so this will be a hugely-padded, half-baked storyline, with a story as convoluted and stupid as XIII's was. Just look up Spoony's Review of FFXIII to understand what I'm talking about. I'm done being hyped for anything Square, at this point.

Will I get the game? Maybe. If It's scoring 80's across the board, I'll rent it before I decide to buy. If it's anything lower, like what Lightning REturns was, I'll definately not play it at all and go back to playing better games. If they trully learned how to make a freaking RPG again, then perhaps, they will get my money. Until then, nothing, nathan, nada.

That is all.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

Way too early to create this thread :D
Very excited. Gameplay looks excellent.

My body is Reggie.

Why no one picking Xbox? :(

Wagram said:
Graphically it looks fantastic. I'm excited. Noctis looks like a cool protagonist as well.

Knowing that you usually don't care about graphics, you doesn't sound too excited. Are you concerned about gameplay?

VXIII said:
Wagram said:
Graphically it looks fantastic. I'm excited. Noctis looks like a cool protagonist as well.

Knowing that you usually don't care about graphics, you doesn't sound too excited. Are you concerned about gameplay?

There's not enough to form an opinion yet I think. I would like to see more about how attacking and dodging works but i'm not concerned. I just hope it doesn't turn into another FF13 auto-battle situation where you can play the entire game pressing one button.

Around the Network

Yeah I'll be picking it up on PS4 as well. So hyped for this game and it finally going to actually release!

Wagram said:
Why no one picking Xbox? :(

Because PS4> Xbox.

Wagram said:
VXIII said:
Wagram said:

There's not enough to form an opinion yet I think. I would like to see more about how attacking and dodging works but i'm not concerned. I just hope it doesn't turn into another FF13 auto-battle situation where you can play the entire game pressing one button.

I'll have to disagree here, that is just not true. Changing roles, building the stagger bar were essential parts the the battles ( the difficult ones at least ). But I get what you're saying, I also don't want too many element automated.

My imppresion on the gameplay session:

The animations are varied and very well made, some need more polishing, but that is expected at this point of development. Even the walking animation changes depending on the situation ( running around or walking toward an enemy) I was really amazed by the details and the soft animation of the clothe

The combat system, the fantasy theme of the game really benefits the combat. The swords keep disappearing and reappearing in a way that keeps the player hooked, and also adds to the battle a wide variety of moves and attacks on the fly. What I loved about it is the ability to interact with the environment while you are in middle of all that, the way you can warp away from attacks to a certain elements in the environment, them warp back to attack in such a cool way. It really adds a strategic depth to the system, as you have to precisely pick your position. In addition to that you also have to keep an eye on the real-time command menu to manage your magic, items, summons. That is a system requires a skill and awareness of your surroundings. All of that make the battle system much more dynamic and engaging in comparison to other aRPGs like the Witcher or even RPGs in general..

HyunA and the worlds luckiest monkey want a spot in the hype car =D