By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official FINAL FANTASY XV HYPE Thread - New Info Revealed! FFXV Online?!

Tagged games:

Are you hyped for FFXV?

Hell yes! For the PS4! 154 85.08%

Hell yes! For the Xbox One 4 2.21%

Nope... Not hyped. 17 9.39%

Not getting it. 6 3.31%

Total:181

Some gameplay

Skip to 22:40

Around the Network

Isn't this kind of early? Either way super hyped for this game. I just wish we'd get a set release date.

I am very Hyped for his Game, i want a Spot on the HYPE CAR!

Can't wait and it final y looks like it might come out next year!

I am officially hyped.

Kyuu said:
I liked what I saw but Tetsuya Nomura is no longer the director and this leaves me concerned :(

I see that as good news. Nomura certainly already put the whole concept of the game into place - it's all about wrapping things up now. And the fact that he went on to focus on KH3 probably means that FFXV's development is going well now (not to mention, KH3 will be finished quicker).

Around the Network

A square-enix rep mentioned that Tetsuya Nomura pretty much is done with everything he needs to do with the game. He was only overseeing the development of the game and because of that he decided that he should just go focus on KH3 if he's only gonna watch people work in FFXV.

http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/ff-type-0-hd-coming-march-special-surprise

Ajax said:
Looks like it will be an action rpg. Not good.

First, are we in agreement that FF15 was originally called FFversus13?

The second, assuming we are all in agreement with the first; do you realize that it was originally called "Versus"13 cause it was going to be a more action orientated FF. That is the one single and most prominent original known vision of the game.

So I don't see what or why this seems to be a surprise to some.

On another note, I am more worried about the fact that I am begining to think this game is definately coming in 2016 and not 2015.

After reading this interview :(

No.

Hype creates stupid people. It's like when Christian nuts praise the end of the world, and get hyped for it, and then when it doesn't deliver...

Look, I learned my lesson with Final Fantasy XIII (And XIV Version 1.0 [And SimCity {And The Sims 4}]) and I'm not buying anything until I see solid reviews for the game, both critically and userly. I'm not going to be SE bait, or any other companys for that matter. I'm so tired of shelling out money for a game that is so useless, unfun, or incomplete. XV, and my friend would agree, looks like they didn't know what they were doing, and so this will be a hugely-padded, half-baked storyline, with a story as convoluted and stupid as XIII's was. Just look up Spoony's Review of FFXIII to understand what I'm talking about. I'm done being hyped for anything Square, at this point.

Will I get the game? Maybe. If It's scoring 80's across the board, I'll rent it before I decide to buy. If it's anything lower, like what Lightning REturns was, I'll definately not play it at all and go back to playing better games. If they trully learned how to make a freaking RPG again, then perhaps, they will get my money. Until then, nothing, nathan, nada.

That is all.

Graphically it looks fantastic. I'm excited. Noctis looks like a cool protagonist as well.

shadow_satey said:

No.

Hype creates stupid people. It's like when Christian nuts praise the end of the world, and get hyped for it, and then when it doesn't deliver...

Look, I learned my lesson with Final Fantasy XIII (And XIV Version 1.0 [And SimCity {And The Sims 4}]) and I'm not buying anything until I see solid reviews for the game, both critically and userly. I'm not going to be SE bait, or any other companys for that matter. I'm so tired of shelling out money for a game that is so useless, unfun, or incomplete. XV, and my friend would agree, looks like they didn't know what they were doing, and so this will be a hugely-padded, half-baked storyline, with a story as convoluted and stupid as XIII's was. Just look up Spoony's Review of FFXIII to understand what I'm talking about. I'm done being hyped for anything Square, at this point.

Will I get the game? Maybe. If It's scoring 80's across the board, I'll rent it before I decide to buy. If it's anything lower, like what Lightning REturns was, I'll definately not play it at all and go back to playing better games. If they trully learned how to make a freaking RPG again, then perhaps, they will get my money. Until then, nothing, nathan, nada.

That is all.

I think you misread the title of thread. It's the "HYPE" thread so... I'm not sure why you wrote such a huge post like that...