By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does MS really deserve praise for "listening" to consumers ??

Deserve praise? Not at all. I actually cannot believe they even recieve the amount of support they are atm.

I have always wanted MS out of the gaming business because I have always felt that they have had a hidden agenda. That agenda was revealed to all of us last year and I cannot believe that people still support them and buy the console. I just wished people would stop and think before they support MS. Hopefully in the near future MS will see the One as a failure and pull out of tne industry.

IMO there is no room for MS in this business, which clearly shows by their lack of making games and not buying exclusivity. This gen will be the biggest test for them. Since they are no longer the leading platform in sales, more and more developers might rule them out or give them the bad ports we saw on PS3, then they will be forced to fochs more on building their own first party library.

Around the Network

No
not a single company deserves praise, they just need to work hard to make their product "good" in the eyes of the consumer, they still need to do that.

now since sony is on topic, people just start looking at Ps3 as a nice product when sony released the slim one (my opinion), before that PS3 was still a joke.

now same applies to MS, they just need to do the "right" politics, and when the time comes their product will be desirable again.. now is not with things like this http://gamersyndrome.com/2014/news/xbox-news/chinese-xbox-one-games-contain-one-time-activation-code-cannot-be-resold/ that will make me change my opinion about them.

mornelithe said:
Mr Puggsly said:

This kind of thinking is childish.

If Sony wanted to a "solid" they would throw in some free games as well. Surely they can afford it!

Sony wasn't doing anyone a solid when the PS3 was $599. I didn't get one until it was $250 with Uncharted 2 and GoWIII. Not because they were doing me a solid, but because that's what PS3 was worth to me.

No, it's called having expectations as a consumer that companies won't intentionally seek to fuck you over.  Your kind of naivete is bad for the industry because it gives every company carte blanche to screw over the consumer, when in fact, it's the consumers job to reign these cocksuckers in when they step out of line.

Comparing the PS3 to the Xbox One or even the PS4 is a straw man, PS3 cost more than $240 per unit more than what they were charging.  If we were to apply that same model to current gen, the PS4 would be, what, $140.65?  Yeah, sorry, you can completely criticize Sony for developing 3 new technologies, and leveraging them through the PS3, absolutely.  But comparing the PS3's price to the PS4/XB1 is, well, ignorant of the facts.

You think companies want to do you a solid and you're claiming I have have naivete? That's funny stuff.

Consumers didn't care how much cost PS3 cost to produce. Simply trying to sell a console for a price that high was ridiculous considering the 360 was available and doing comprable graphics.

I'm glad X1 failed with its original plants and I'm glad the PS3 failed at its launch price.

I don't feel a need to hold a grudge on either though. Some people in this forum don't even like MS getting support because of their original decisions, that's holding a grudge.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
mornelithe said:
Mr Puggsly said:

If Sony wanted to a "solid" they would throw in some free games as well. Surely they can afford it!

Sony wasn't doing anyone a solid when the PS3 was $599. I didn't get one until it was $250 with Uncharted 2 and GoWIII. Not because they were doing me a solid, but because that's what PS3 was worth to me.

No, it's called having expectations as a consumer that companies won't intentionally seek to fuck you over.  Your kind of naivete is bad for the industry because it gives every company carte blanche to screw over the consumer, when in fact, it's the consumers job to reign these cocksuckers in when they step out of line.

Comparing the PS3 to the Xbox One or even the PS4 is a straw man, PS3 cost more than $240 per unit more than what they were charging.  If we were to apply that same model to current gen, the PS4 would be, what, $140.65?  Yeah, sorry, you can completely criticize Sony for developing 3 new technologies, and leveraging them through the PS3, absolutely.  But comparing the PS3's price to the PS4/XB1 is, well, ignorant of the facts.

You think companies want to do you a solid and you're claiming I have have naivete? That's funny stuff.

Consumers didn't care how much cost PS3 cost to produce. Simply trying to sell a console for a price that high was ridiculous considering the 360 was available and doing comprable graphics.

I'm glad X1 failed with its original plants and I'm glad the PS3 failed at its launch price.

I don't feel a need to hold a grudge on either though.

There's a huge amount of space in between a company trying to do their fans a solid, and a company intentionally trying to fuck them over.  A huge amount of space.

Consumers don't have to care how much it cost to make a PS3, never said they did.  I said comparing the PS3's price to the PS4/XB1 is a straw man.  Completely different situations, which is relevant in a discussion such as this, that goes beyond merely looking at the packaging.  And, to go a step further, one could argue that the XB1's pricing is ridiculous, considering the PS4 is available and doing better graphics.

Their acts of desperation were too little, too late. They wouldn't have listened to a thing --most likely-- had not PlayStation given them a sound beating! They deserve no praise!

Around the Network
Viltgance said:

Ok so lately everyone has been jumping on the new bandwagon of giving Microsoft praise for listening to the consumer.   But do they really deserve any praise at all?  I can already see the hate coming from a mile away but I personally don't think they do.  In reality, when a company(or a human being) has their back against the wall they will do whatever it takes to get out of the situation.  Whether it be,  kiss ass, lie, cheat, steal, bribe, suck hole, toss money around....pretty much anything goes.

Basically the only viable option for MS to do was to try and repair their broken image and to kiss consumers asses a whole lot and to shower them with gifts and make it look like they care about the little guys.

You be the judge

Are you telling me that you've never upset somebody, perhaps losing their trust or attention, and did whatever you could to gain it back? You would most likely do whatever possible to get into that person's good graces once again. And if you did, would you want that person to say, "You're only doing these things because you want me to like or trust you again." And you'd think, "Yeah, that's why I'm doing it. What else could I do?"

Or would you rather just never be forgiven and whenever you do something stupid people hate you and nothing can change that?

Author of science fiction and other genres, I write under the pen name Desmond Shepherd. The second season of my series The Permanent Man premieres on November 11, 2014. Pre-order the season premiere The Walls Have Ears on Amazon today!

Kek no

You don't get praise for fixing something you broke in the first place.

Praise the consumers in this case for still having the strenght to vote with their wallets and make big companys like microsoft turnaround.I will praise microsoft when they advertise a fullgaming console nextgen,so when im sure they learned from this all. But im not praising them for their turnarounds for the xboxone as only the consumer deserves the praise,microsoft just followed the money.

Mr Puggsly said:
oniyide said:
Mr Puggsly said:

stop getting off topic. this has nothing to do with Sony. If anything you are being childish

Sony is part of the topic, they're the reason for MS being more compteitive (doing what consumers want).

Right?

Nope. thats a terrible stretch. They are only doing what "consumers want" because the system was going to do much worse otherwise. Its that simple

akuseru said:
Deserve praise? Not at all. I actually cannot believe they even recieve the amount of support they are atm.

I have always wanted MS out of the gaming business because I have always felt that they have had a hidden agenda. That agenda was revealed to all of us last year and I cannot believe that people still support them and buy the console. I just wished people would stop and think before they support MS. Hopefully in the near future MS will see the One as a failure and pull out of tne industry.

IMO there is no room for MS in this business, which clearly shows by their lack of making games and not buying exclusivity. This gen will be the biggest test for them. Since they are no longer the leading platform in sales, more and more developers might rule them out or give them the bad ports we saw on PS3, then they will be forced to fochs more on building their own first party library.

Me too. I've never trusted microsoft. They seem to prefer throwing money around over making good products. I like the leading staff better at Sony and Nintendo who seem more involved, rather than just executives who see gaming as a trojan horse to advance their goals.

Game Boy  master race