By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Did Anybody Else Notice That XB1 Erased That Gap The WiiU Build Up Form May -Aug In The Last 3 Weeks?

I mean I think xbox one can get ahead of wii u in december
but what happens if it doesnt
what games will help keep the system alive
I mean witcher and batman are getting all the ps4 treatment
unless fable or quantom come out early 2015 It might take a while for it to beat wii u if it doesnt beat it this holiday

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
PotentHerbs said:
If the WiiU can retain it's lead against the XOne for this year then it'll be safe until next holidays (as there will be a dry spell for the XOne until the end of Q2 in terms of exclusives) but progress like that can't be underestimated!

Exclusives yes. But don't forget all of those multiplat games that have been delayed to Q1/Q2 2015. Xbox One can still sell very well during that period.

Ah, true that. 

daredevil.shark said:
Microsoft has done one thing that many will hesitate to do. They listened to consumers. It takes a lot of courage to admit your actions and roll back.

They just don't want to lose to Sony and they have Phil Spencer who will actually humble himself if need be. They have a paranoia about being behind Sony which is why they compromised the quality of the 360 knowing the development was not complete. If that had been anyone else in MS may god help us all.

Ka-pi96 said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
unless fable or quantom come out early 2015 It might take a while for it to beat wii u if it doesnt beat it this holiday

I don't know about that. The Witcher is getting some Xbox treatment as well.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/witcher-3-dev-responds-to-fans-upset-about-xbox-on/1100-6421769/

its not much though :P

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

OfficerRaichu15 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/witcher-3-dev-responds-to-fans-upset-about-xbox-on/1100-6421769/

Xbone got a nice boost from destiny, obviously not on the level of the ps4's but nothing to sneeze at.  Same happened with watch dogs earlier this year.  The ps4 may get the lion's share but there are enough scraps there for the xbone to survive, while the wii u won't be benefitting at all.

Around the Network
cheshirescat said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:

Xbone got a nice boost from destiny, obviously not on the level of the ps4's but nothing to sneeze at.  Same happened with watch dogs earlier this year.  The ps4 may get the lion's share but there are enough scraps there for the xbone to survive, while the wii u won't be benefitting at all.

destiny has had the most hype for a game in history

witcher and batman dont have as much hype plus you have 2 triple a exclusives that month for ps4 so that would make people go for ps4 than xbox one :P

Bets:

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Xbox One will take 2nd place easily. How people can't see this is beyond me. It deserves to take 2nd as well.

Wii U > XBO for me but Wii U doesn't really deserve much success. It was handled terribly and gets like 15 games a year. Even if those 15 were amazing, it can't ever have the diversity that the XBO will have.

Once the games start coming, Wii U will be passed. It's inevitable.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
daredevil.shark said:
Microsoft has done one thing that many will hesitate to do. They listened to consumers. It takes a lot of courage to admit your actions and roll back.

They just don't want to lose to Sony and they have Phil Spencer who will actually humble himself if need be. They have a paranoia about being behind Sony which is why they compromised the quality of the 360 knowing the development was not complete. If that had been anyone else in MS may god help us all.

Are you really putting a negative spin on being competitive? They aren't just competitive with Sony.

Sony didn't want to be behind MS either, which is why they lost billions getting PS3 off the ground.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I've lost hope a long time ago that the WiiU will end up some place that isn't 3rd :/

Yeah, it'll probably take the Wii U's second spot. That's not saying much that X1 fans are fighting with a supposed failed console for 2nd... But whatever floats your boats...!