By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 2015 is upon us... lets talk sales!!!!

300$ Xbox One? Seriously?

Around the Network
KBG29 said:

I think the biggest winner for Sony is going to be the OTT IPTV service for PS4. This will turn PS4 into the true all in one device, and allow people to drop their cable box. The US alone has over 160M cable boxes, a huge potential market if done right. If Sony sets up a contract plan for PS4 something like $200 up front and $49.99 a month for the first year, I think they could move a couple million units a month all year.

Major announcement. Sony will Partener with Actvision for COD an
d it will be a marquis title for Morpheus. GT7 will also show heavy support for Morpheus.

1. I don't think we know enough about sony's IPTv plans yet. 
  2. Activision legally can't partner COD to playstation anytime soon.
sweetoothj said:

Wow xbox one hate much?
Here is a prediction I know many of you guys are going to disagree with, but whatever.

In 2015 third party developers will give the 7th gen consoles the middle finger. Which means multiplatform games like COD, Assassins Creed (number title) , Battle Field and more are going to be available only on ps4 and xbox one. This alone and not counting games like Halo 5, Fable Legends, Crack Down, Phantom Dust, Forza 6, Tomb Raider and more will cause Xbox one to outsell the Wii U world wide.

I don't think we are hating on the XB1. Just making very early predictions based on trends that we are seeing this year. You are free to make yours too.
So you basically think that when the major multiplat games shift exclusively to current gen systems it would result in a boost in XB1 sales more so than a boost in PS4 sales? And I am guessing you feel this way cause those games sold better on the 360?
Well, you are very wrong and its easy to prove why. Just look at sales of COD Ghosts in NA on the PS4 and XB1. Then keep in mind that he xbox version of the game costs about half the price of the PS4 version. And then look at sales of every other multiplat game on current gen so far. 

Intrinsic said:
DonFerrari said:
I think there will be people bookmarking this to try a necro in 2015 end or 2016 start, but them they will see that the important parts will be right and they would be ashamed when necroing.

Lol... I can understand how most of what I said could upset some people, but I think my reasoning is sound and I could very well end up being "mostly" right.

around this time next year most of what i predicted would probably have already happened.

You may have some bold predictions... but most is good or at least probable with the numbers we know... but since we necro a lot of preposterous X1 prediction, maybe someone will be eager to avenge using you... but them most of what you predict will be true so they will forfeit and be raged.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

A price drop for Wii U is assured, I'm doubtful for One or 4. FFXV may not make 2015.

I think it will be a new high for Wii U with a lower price and lots of games. Kart and Smash carry-over will help early in the year, and then there is a steady stream of releases. I think Splatoon and MarioMaker will be surprise hits while Xenoblade and Zelda will lure a lot of core gamers along with the price cut. I think we'll see about 10 million sold.

One and 4 are a bit tougher to predict just yet. It really depends on if One gains back some momentum in NA this fall. if so, we could see both sharing about 20-25 million in global sales. If 4 dominates then One is done, and 4 will take a commanding market share. The second half sales of 2014 will project into 2015 for these two.

xb1 is doomes

Around the Network

I think the Xbox brand will do it's last 180 and leave the console market for good.

TheLastStarFighter said:
A price drop for Wii U is assured, I'm doubtful for One or 4. FFXV may not make 2015.

I think it will be a new high for Wii U with a lower price and lots of games. Kart and Smash carry-over will help early in the year, and then there is a steady stream of releases. I think Splatoon and MarioMaker will be surprise hits while Xenoblade and Zelda will lure a lot of core gamers along with the price cut. I think we'll see about 10 million sold.

One and 4 are a bit tougher to predict just yet. It really depends on if One gains back some momentum in NA this fall. if so, we could see both sharing about 20-25 million in global sales. If 4 dominates then One is done, and 4 will take a commanding market share. The second half sales of 2014 will project into 2015 for these two.

Exactly, my price points were made on my belief that this holiday season will see the PS4 still dominating sales.

If at the start of 2015 the the PS4 is at 16-18M and the XB1 is at 8-10M, and then the PS4 keeps building momentum right at the start of 2015 and the XB1 doesn't; MS wouldn't really have a choice but to slash the price. They are already offering soft price drops with teh Madden bundle and SO upcoming bundle. You pay $400 but get a free new game. Next step is always usually to make an offical price cut even if its by $50. And I expect that price drop to happen at or around E3 next year if not sooner.

As for the PS4, yes they won't need to have a price drop... but that will only be based on what effect a price drop for XB1 has. If the XB1 baseline increases by about 30-50% post price drop and the PS4s remains the same then sony will drop their price around the fall season. If the baseline only sees a short boost and goes back to what it is now then sony wouldn't bother. And even sony has said that they are more intrested in quickly gaining market share than making a profit on individual consoles sold.

MohammadBadir said:
300$ Xbox One? Seriously?

It sort of happened already. Last week, MS Store sent an email promotion offering a free game + $50 gift card if you bought an X1.

PS4 vs X1 is a war of attrition. PS4 took an early lead in userbase, but X1 can take it back if they commit to consistently be $50-$100 cheaper than PS4. MS has the cash and commitment to do that (for now).

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Intrinsic said:

(basically japan will become relevant again).

I cant see a home console selling well in Japan. I just cant. I think at best the PS4 will have a 9k baseline for a month or two. The Wii U- ~6k-~3k. XBOne... 360 (yearly). I can see the Nintendo Fusion doing 3DS numbers though. 

2015 is going to be a big year for PlayStation. They are starting big with exclusive titles The Order 1886 and Bloodborne and it's only getting bigger from there.

Japan will also begin to wake up.

Don't copy random editorials.