By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 2015 is upon us... lets talk sales!!!!

We know Sony's CEO said they are pursuing marketshare and total HW sold more than profit at this moment... so a pricecut is certain and it will come whenever they are sure that let's say 350 pricepoint won't make the console have stock shortages... no use in having more demand if you can't meet it, that is the main reason I think Sony didn't tried any pricedrop or even SW bundle for free, because they are basically selling in the expectancy for having all stock fly until the end of the year.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
fory77 said:

Intrinsic said:

(basically japan will become relevant again).

I cant see a home console selling well in Japan. I just cant. I think at best the PS4 will have a 9k baseline for a month or two. The Wii U- ~6k-~3k. XBOne... 360 (yearly). I can see the Nintendo Fusion doing 3DS numbers though. 

Home consoles have not sold well in japan cause there are no japan centric games. thats the real problem with japan. I strongly believe that bloodborn, MGs5, persona 5, FF15 and yakuza will change all that. In just two years japan will be getting more AAA japan centric games on the PS4 than they did for the first 5 years of the PS3.

And all sony has to do in japan for next year is get up to 3M in sales, or even 2M for that region to be relevant again.

You should also note that the Wii sold very well in japan, and the PS3 cost $600. I believe that the japs will flock to the PS4 when its at $300 and have at least 2/3 really good games worth playing.

nintendo wont drop the price.
they will bundle amiibos and games with wii u, but will keep 299.
XBO will go to 349
ps4, i really dont know. it will still sell better than this year with 400$ price tag.

every home console will sell better than 2015 than 2014. 2015 will be the peak for wii U, but not for XBO and PS4.

i think those are safe bets.

Intrinsic said:
fory77 said:

Intrinsic said:

I cant see a home console selling well in Japan. I just cant. I think at best the PS4 will have a 9k baseline for a month or two. The Wii U- ~6k-~3k. XBOne... 360 (yearly). I can see the Nintendo Fusion doing 3DS numbers though. 

Home consoles have not sold well in japan cause there are no japan centric games. thats the real problem with japan. I strongly believe that bloodborn, MGs5, persona 5, FF15 and yakuza will change all that. In just two years japan will be getting more AAA japan centric games on the PS4 than they did for the first 5 years of the PS3.

And all sony has to do in japan for next year is get up to 3M in sales, or even 2M for that region to be relevant again.

You should also note that the Wii sold very well in japan, and the PS3 cost $600. I believe that the japs will flock to the PS4 when its at $300 and have at least 2/3 really good games worth playing.

I can agree. But what about the casuals with their mobile games? Wouldn't they have some effect on sales? Wii sales we're made out of "casuals" and i think a fair bit of PS3 sales we're too (Once the price-drop came into effect). Or was i under a rock for 7 years?

fory77 said:
Intrinsic said:
fory77 said:

Intrinsic said:

I can agree. But what about the casuals with their mobile games? Wouldn't they have some effect on sales? Wii sales we're made out of "casuals" and i think a fair bit of PS3 sales we're too (Once the price-drop came into effect). Or was i under a rock for 7 years?

Its exactly cause of the casuals thats why i say all PS4 has to do is sell like 2-3M consoles in japan next year and every year after that. If the casuals were picking up home consoles then sony could be selling like 5-6M in japan like they were in the PS2 era. 2-3M puts them in PS3 era sales margins which speaking for japan is actually an accomplishment these days.

Around the Network

Splatoon will release to mixed reviews and sell ~220k.

And microsft has dropped the price of the XB1 to 329 pounds. Thats officially a total of 100pnds price drop in less than a year. Even their SO bundle is at the same price. So one of my predictions is slowly already happening :)

fory77 said:

Intrinsic said:

No way ps4 sale being that bad with all those big IP in 2015

DonFerrari said:
We know Sony's CEO said they are pursuing marketshare and total HW sold more than profit at this moment... so a pricecut is certain and it will come whenever they are sure that let's say 350 pricepoint won't make the console have stock shortages... no use in having more demand if you can't meet it, that is the main reason I think Sony didn't tried any pricedrop or even SW bundle for free, because they are basically selling in the expectancy for having all stock fly until the end of the year.

There no reason to do a price cut when you dominate your competitor ,if they do a price cut now what they would do if sale slow down a lot

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

small44 said:
DonFerrari said:

There no reason to do a price cut when you dominate your competitor ,if they do a price cut now what they would do if sale slow down a lot

The whole "dominating the competition" thing is just website fanwar banter. Thats not really what matters to them. What matters to them is market share and market growth. It just so happens to be that if your competitor is selling much better than you then it means there are potentially fewer people to buy your own console. 

For sony, if a price drop can increase sales from 500k/month to say 650k/month, and they can meet that demand, then they would do it. Cause for them its better having as many people possible owning their console as quickly as possible than just outselling the competition. Thats where the real money is at.

Intrinsic said:
small44 said:
DonFerrari said:

The whole "dominating the competition" thing is just website fanwar banter. Thats not really what matters to them. What matters to them is market share and market growth. It just so happens to be that if your competitor is selling much better than you then it means there are potentially fewer people to buy your own console. 

For sony, if a price drop can increase sales from 500k/month to say 650k/month, and they can meet that demand, then they would do it. Cause for them its better having as many people possible owning their console as quickly as possible than just outselling the competition. Thats where the real money is at.

Ps4 market share is already so good

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m