By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Possible Pricing Fixing on DS Display Panels--DS Price Drop made easy?

Japan's FTC investigates 2 panel makers

Nintendo spokesman Yasuhiro Minagawa said it was too early to comment on the impact of the allegations or whether to consider changing panel suppliers.

http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/provider/providerarticle.aspx?feed=AP&date=20080228&id=8254885

if this is true, and the flat panel prices do come down, a DS price drop would be quite easy, if nintendo so chooses to.  not much detais unfortunately.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Around the Network

the price of the ds isn't going to drop regardless, but one thing I can say is that nintendo will obviously gain more profit.

PSN ID: Sol_Protege     Wii:154209933064989 

this probably will lead to temp. increase of DS cost due to the fact switching production is costly.

so... shortage, price increase possible? ;)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

well....at the current pace the DS is selling at, it makes no sense to drop the price until sales seriously slow down (maybe in 3 years) so from now on, Ninty makes more $$

The DS price drop has been easy for a while, even with high LCD prices I'm guessing. Whether it makes good business sense at this point is another issue though. I'd imagine they would do more bundling before dropping the price any time soon.

Around the Network

"The Kyoto-based company also makes the popular Wii game."

What Wii game are they talking about?

Stever89 said:

they mean the console

wiiforever said:
Stever89 said:

they mean the console

It makes sense now.

That and I was just joking. Their wording wasn't completely correct. I was simply pointing it out in humorous way.

Well, I hope they pay Nintendo some fine and maybe they'll increase their dividends :)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Stever89 said:
wiiforever said:
Stever89 said:

they mean the console

It makes sense now.

That and I was just joking. Their wording wasn't completely correct. I was simply pointing it out in humorous way.

They're confusing it with the Vii, which only plays one game.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.