By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy 15 Trailer TGS 2014 Tetsuya Nomura steps down! UPDATE: New showcase demo!

Intrinsic said:
Hynad said:
Dgc1808 said:
Wagram said:
Dgc1808 said:
The world seems interesting. Characters not so much.

How do you come to that conclusion in two minutes?

By watching the video and finding their appearance to be pretty generic and unappealing? I'm not a fan of the all black spikey haired emo/hipster/boy band look. Sorry?

Yet, you rated a mostly brown, gray and green game 9.4: MGS 4.

let it go man... haters gonna hate. Thats kinda what they do.

Its really funny (especially when you consider that this is a FF game we are talking about here) that soooooooooo much and everything can be seen from a 2min trailer.

For all those talking about the whole era clashing thing, all i will say is; please go and watch a trailer of Final fantasy advent children.

And as for the boy bnd thingy, i would take this to a muscle clad, bald and/hooded protagonists anyday everyday. That aside, please remember that this IS a japanese title. These are the kinda things that its primary audience are  into. 

Lastly, every final fantasy game is different.so I really don't get the like other final fantasies argument. 

The fuck? Only positive comments are allowed? Are people only allowed to sing praises? it wasn't even hate and there was a compliment in there too. I'm actually leaning towards buying the game at the moment. You people are so damn censitive that sometimes I wonder why I even bother to post. 

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
DakonBlackblade said:
Im not sure i like the car deal, but other than that seen pretty damm cool

in final fantasy lore not having the car would simply mean one of a few things

• You either have a world map that is disproportionate littered with random battles (FF9, FF8, FF7. FF6, FF5, FF4, FF3)
  • you have what appears to be a large world map but is really a point to point affair with minimalistic exploration (FF13, FF12)
  • You do not see the rest of your party in the world map (FF1-FF10)
  • You go everywhere on an ostrich with a big head (chocobo)
I dunno, I would at least like a final fantasy like this for a change. Now lets just hope its not also a point to point affair and the world map is ctually open.

Sometime during the earlier production stage (during the PS3 era of the project), Nomura mentioned something about testing what they had achieved for the "free roaming on the map" with an airship... So I'm pretty sure it will be free-roaming. Although there will most likely be story sequences where you don't have that liberty.

sergiodaly said:
Here is a question... I have never played a FF game before... RPGs never been my thing, but now I am willing to give it a go for some RPGs as long has they are more action oriented, do you guys think I can just play this game without the need to play anyother FF game and is this the type of RPG you think I would like based on the previous description I gave you?

Every Final fantasy game is a stand alone game. The only thing they have in common are names. And certain monsters/powers that are carried along in the series. Kinda like an ongoing series of easter eggs.

And if action orientated RPG is what you want, then this is going to be the best final fantasy for you, this is assuming its combat is anything like the other game the main director of this game made which it seems to be. 

It is not going to be anything like Mass effect though, so if that is what you had in mind then forget it.

Not a single FF thread passes by without people accusing others of "haters" or "fanboys". Sigh.

It really does remind me of xenoblade, which by the way is a really good thing. It increases my interest to maybe I might like it levels.

Around the Network

By the way, I LOVED the environments the trailer showed. The trailer overall just has a great feel, I really dig this whole "fantasy based on reality" they're doing with this game. And knowing that a playable demo is coming early 2015... I'm INSANELY hyped.

artur-fernand said:
By the way, I LOVED the environments the trailer showed. The trailer overall just has a great feel, I really dig this whole "fantasy based on reality" they're doing with this game. And knowing that a playable demo is coming early 2015... I'm INSANELY hyped.

I agree with you Vivi. The trailer environment feels really good. 

I just truly hope the characters don't end up being like VIII and XIII, namely the main character....I get a major Squall/Lightning vibe from him. 

Consider me hyped!

Intrinsic said:
sergiodaly said:
Here is a question... I have never played a FF game before... RPGs never been my thing, but now I am willing to give it a go for some RPGs as long has they are more action oriented, do you guys think I can just play this game without the need to play anyother FF game and is this the type of RPG you think I would like based on the previous description I gave you?

Every Final fantasy game is a stand alone game. The only thing they have in common are names. And certain monsters/powers that are carried along in the series. Kinda like an ongoing series of easter eggs.

And if action orientated RPG is what you want, then this is going to be the best final fantasy for you, this is assuming its combat is anything like the other game the main director of this game made which it seems to be. 

It is not going to be anything like Mass effect though, so if that is what you had in mind then forget it.

Not at all... I did try Mass effect and quit really soon, all that dialogue turns me off, even more because I had to choose what to say from 3 or 4 options that usually didn't had nothing of worth for the quetions I had in my mind at that moment.

All this, talk to several people to gather knowledge to advance its the thing that put me off of RPGs is the early years of my long gaming carrier but now I am playing some games with RPG elements and I find the collective part and evolution of the characters to be addictive and worth exploring,  but extensive dialogues should be avoided. Hope this could be my first FF.

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

This looks VERY GOOD