By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Romantic Advice Thread

Tagged games:

You sent a flirtatious text? And she responded positively? We need details. We have to make sure you're not assuming too much again.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network

This is certainly quite the different scenario from a couple days ago. I'm pleased!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

trashleg said:

What's "too soon"? If after 8 months with a guy he wants me to learn his language and think about moving to his country next summer, am I supposed to say "back the fuck up, bitch" as a way of saying "yeah okay that sounds nice"?

You guys. Tsss. NikkoM, make a separate thread with how to understand men plz. 

You're not supposed to say yes immediatly.. yes you should say: "back the f up., I have my own live here, if you love me come to my country"
Don't be desperatly dependant of guy.. he's basicly asking you to jump of a bridge and you pointed to one and say: "that one?".. Scares the shit out of us..  the closer we get with a girl, the chance increases we'll break up.. till we man up.. you can't force us to man up (while an unexpected pregancy does help) .. When we think about stuff like sitting with you in a nice Paris cafe lisiting to chansons and eating baquets for every freaky sunday for the rest of our lives.. we think: "nope.. not now..".. The things we say in a relationship to keep the other happy is for in the now, and not about the future... thats later, when we man up..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:

You're not supposed to say yes immediatly.. yes you should say: "back the f up., I have my own live here, if you love me come to my country"
Don't be desperatly dependant of guy.. he's basicly asking you to jump of a bridge and you pointed to one and say: "that one?".. Scares the shit out of us..  the closer we get with a girl, the chance increases we'll break up.. till we man up.. you can't force us to man up (while an unexpected pregancy does help) .. When we think about stuff like sitting with you in a nice Paris cafe lisiting to chansons and eating baquets for every freaky sunday for the rest of our lives.. we think: "nope.. not now..".. The things we say in a relationship to keep the other happy is for in the now, and not about the future... thats later, when we man up..

Guys are fucking weird.

Mr Khan, good luck with your lady. I can offer no further advice since I just learned I know nothing. D:

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.
Troll_Whisperer said:
You sent a flirtatious text? And she responded positively? We need details. We have to make sure you're not assuming too much again.

It could have been interpreted in a purely friendly manner, of course, but it was sillier than i would have made it otherwise

Ran thus

Me: "Ping"
Her: "?"
Me: "Bouncing back my number (it's the guy back and to your right )" (note that she was sitting in front of me in class at the time)
Her: "Lol. Hi [Mr Khan]."

We spoke afterwards and she seemed amused by it, which could mean nothing (i'm not going to be THAT forward, yet), but it's really not a normal way to convey your number, is it?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Troll_Whisperer said:

It could have been interpreted in a purely friendly manner, of course, but it was sillier than i would have made it otherwise

Ran thus

Me: "Ping"
Her: "?"
Me: "Bouncing back my number (it's the guy back and to your right )" (note that she was sitting in front of me in class at the time)
Her: "Lol. Hi [Mr Khan]."

We spoke afterwards and she seemed amused by it, which could mean nothing (i'm not going to be THAT forward, yet), but it's really not a normal way to convey your number, is it?

That's great! I mean, I don't know if she thought of it as flirtatious, but it shows confidence and... closeness? As in, it's not just a cold text, there's a spark of spontaneity that comes with being close to someone. That's always good.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Also, yes, talking to guys about the future scares us. The way I've found that it works is that you live the now, and slowly that now starts becoming more serious and official, but it's all implied.

I can spend a night with a girl, then date her a few times, then start seeing her regularly, then live together. But if you tell me how much you like me on our first date and how you want to go to Disneyland with me (true story) then I freak out.

trashleg said:

Guys are fucking weird.

Thank you.. Now i shall pass on the wisest advice i can give to you as a man to a woman:

the only sentence hinting to the future you may say is:

"what should we get for dinner TONIGHT"

Do note the tonight part.. You don't ask for tommorow.. everything else is forbidden till the boy inside of him turns into a man.

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

imagine how weird a dutchman is

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Hmm... my impulse perhaps would be to put a little something in her student mailbox (there's an area where we all have a little slot where professors return tests and things like that), although that's a call i'd have to make by this weekend, so i could pick something up. Next week is finals week, and the token would go missed at that point.

I mean something small, like a candy cane or a flower of some kind, possibly with a non-creepy note attached to it? Or is the entire concept turbo creepy to begin with?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.