By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Romantic Advice Thread

Tagged games:

NiKKoM said:
-_- ... Its almost two months since this thread started.. Well.. At least you have a great chance next week cause after her presentation you can go up to her and complement her and start a conversation.. Btw "want to do anything" is kinda meh.. Be more manly and something concrete.. Anyway you're on the right path but now its up to you to make it stick cause you said "i'll be in touch"

Normally when i say that to a girl i never call her..

It's grad school. Pinning folks down is like herding cats.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

Nope.. You know exactly where she is: right in front of the class, you know exactly what she has been busy with (subject presentation) .. Perfect time to have a chat with her.. The only one stopping you from talking to her is you yourself.. Don't be afraid of other people.. Elbow them away.. So what if they know you like her? Its not kindergarten anymore.. Heck would be awesome if some would start singing: Mr Kahn and "girls name" are sitting in a tree k i s s i n g.. If anything it will help you, there are bound to be guys put off when they see her talking and enjoying her time with you.. And then not trying and resort to a game forum for dating help..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
Mr Khan said:

Nope.. You know exactly where she is: right in front of the class, you know exactly what she has been busy with (subject presentation) .. Perfect time to have a chat with her.. The only one stopping you from talking to her is you yourself.. Don't be afraid of other people.. Elbow them away.. So what if they know you like her? Its not kindergarten anymore.. Heck would be awesome if some would start singing: Mr Kahn and "girls name" are sitting in a tree k i s s i n g.. If anything it will help you, there are bound to be guys put off when they see her talking and enjoying her time with you.. And then not trying and resort to a game forum for dating help..

I really appreciate the help. Whatever comes of this, it was a good experience for me. I was just utterly uninterested in girls for so long (met one i liked in Japan, but she had a boyfriend. After that I was either working afternoon/evening shifts blocking my social life, or unemployed and with no reason to leave the house) even i was starting to get worried about it...

still not?

i've been seeing some, got ditched, seeing the next, lost contact and seeing a new girl in the same period of this thread

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
still not?

i've been seeing some, got ditched, seeing the next, lost contact and seeing a new girl in the same period of this thread

Just got deflected again, is all.

Persistence pays, or so the wise men have told me.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
still not?

But you're from Rotterdam.. You're describing an hour in Rotterdam.. Schatje

Mr Khan said:

Just got deflected again, is all.

Persistence pays, or so the wise men have told me.

Don't stop trying untill that restraining order comes..

Thats because i'm serious in what i persuethese days:D silly one hour flings are a thing of the past

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Spotted her today going to lunch with a few other guys i knew, which is aggravating because it's the one day a week i work through lunch.

Opens another conversation window, but she is *significantly* harder to find post-lunch, otherwise it slides off a whole new week.

Have to set lurk powers to max here, or hope that my 3 o'clock class runs late again.

NiKKoM said:

Yeah.. You get a slap from me.. Girl gets dumped, Mr Kahn talks about himself.. Give trashleg a hug!

Oh NikkoM... *hugs*

Khan, treat that girl to a god damn coffee for if not for your own reasons then for my sake, please. (hehe, imagine that conversation.. "why were you so persistent?" "I HAD TO MAKE TRASHLEG BELIEVE IN LOVE AGAIN")

Seriously. You were SITTING NEXT TO HER. LIKE RIGHT NEXT TO HER. Sorrynotsorry for caps but cmooonnnnnnn. Either do this, or don't do this. But for fuck sake don't let her keep you hanging by a thread week after week. Have some damn respect for yourself and either make a move or don't. Kirby's gonna be married, divorced and sued for alimony by the time you get your coffee date. Grad school is hard, I know this. But COFFEE IS COFFEE. WAFFLES ARE GREATER THAN COFFEE BUT COFFEE IS SUFFICIENT. 

You're running the risk of this casual coffee becoming some great thing in your life, that she's just gonna see as coffee (unless it includes waffles). Suck it up, buttercup. Next time you're sitting beside her write a text that says "coffee. when?" and show it to her under the desk (hey hey hey). Put her on the spot.  DO IT.

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.