By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Romantic Advice Thread

Tagged games:

trashleg said:

I'm out. I'm so out. I got dumped on Thursday. After 8 months of sitting on the fence, the guy decided he's not ready to treat me right.

Mr Khan, restore balance to the world and secure yourself a date at least! If you don't, the ghost that is my love life shall haunt you forever. I swear it.

What a fool.. All that energy you put into it and he was like whatever.. Don't be afraid vent your anger, disbelief and doubts.. We have been there and have made mistakes.. Never regret anything that made you smile.. Thats what i learned from all my misadventures.. The dance of love is with 2 persons not just one leading.. You'll find your Patrick Swayze.. I know you will.. 

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
trashleg said:

I'm out. I'm so out. I got dumped on Thursday. After 8 months of sitting on the fence, the guy decided he's not ready to treat me right.

Mr Khan, restore balance to the world and secure yourself a date at least! If you don't, the ghost that is my love life shall haunt you forever. I swear it.

I'll be trying. Have to get ahold of the photo taken of me at the halloween party first. Not that it should be hard, i know the girl who took the picture and i'm facebook'd with her as well, so i'll see it when she uploads it and if she doesn't by about noon tomorrow, i'll just ask her to transfer it to me direct, because i should see her at school.

Photo brokers conversation, conversation brokers ask.

Yeah.. You get a slap from me.. Girl gets dumped, Mr Kahn talks about himself.. Give trashleg a hug!

trashleg said:
NiKKoM said:

Alright.. I just giving you a heads up, not trying to pressure you.. But all these casual chit chat with her will lead you to the friendzone.. There will be a point in time when she will think: "he's nice but i don't know if he's interested in me.. We talked a few times but thats it"  at some point you'll have to make the coffee thing happen. Cause it shows interest in her. What the next step beyond that is doesn't matter right now. The more you two talk without you pushing for the coffee, aka doing something with just the two of you,  the more she will think your not interested in her as a potential lover but as a friend.. And you are actually right at the frontdoor with that cause she has agreed to it already.. Just ring again so she opens the door..

The pain of being in love with someone you know well while she just sees you as a friend is more painfull then a rejection with someone you have an attraction to..  ( now is the time for trashleg to come in and comfort me for a while)

I had meant to include encouraging words here, as well (sorry NiKKoM!), but was distracted by the second line call to action.

Take time, feel better, watch and wait for the next opportunity.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Make it happen...

Anyone taking bets?

Around the Network

Well, i know what she'll be doing after class today. Noon on Wednesday there are often various little events, mini-lectures or luncheons. She's attending one of those.

Of course, this does not mean i can't make contact. Just have to be slick about this. (tiny window here, she's sitting next to me again today but class is on break)

Mr Khan said:
Well, i know what she'll be doing after class today. Noon on Wednesday there are often various little events, mini-lectures or luncheons. She's attending one of those.

Of course, this does not mean i can't make contact. Just have to be slick about this. (tiny window here, she's sitting next to me again today but class is on break)

OMFG.. ASK HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just lean towards her and say "boring class today lets get some coffee after this.. I really need one"

The suspense is killing us..

Oh, right. Here's the fun part: she wasn't even *aware* of the party back on Saturday, apparently. Showed her the photo and she asked where i had went with the costume.

Shit's just weird, given how fascinated she seemed by it last week. Anyway, i then asked if she wanted to do anything and she has an assignment to prepare for (her assignment partner was right there and unfortunately heard the exchange, but can't help that). She and another girl are giving a presentation next week in our class. So i said i'd be in touch and she seemed pleased by that.

C'est la vie. I've got this, though i should've pressed for her number, i felt kind of intimidated by the presence of others.

This, i suppose, is what i have to get over. Not really the fear of getting shot down, but the fear of pushing a romantic agenda in the presence of other people.

-_- ... Its almost two months since this thread started.. Well.. At least you have a great chance next week cause after her presentation you can go up to her and complement her and start a conversation.. Btw "want to do anything" is kinda meh.. Be more manly and something concrete.. Anyway you're on the right path but now its up to you to make it stick cause you said "i'll be in touch"

Normally when i say that to a girl i never call her..