By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Romantic Advice Thread

Tagged games:

Troll_Whisperer said:

In any case, we agree on the group thing. Shouldn't be problem as long as it's not an ackward exchange.

yup.. He already planted the coffee seed so it shouldn't be too awkward to remind her of it.. There is always a chance she'll ask the other person(s) to go with Mr Kahn and her.. But thats shouldn't stop Mr Kahn.. It perfectly normal for girls to have a friend with them, they feel more comfortable.. She doesn't really know you yet.. Its not a date.. Its coffee.. 

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

Do we need to talk about saturday? The day she might be or not be on the party? You're good to go? Remember.. Party + alcohol + costumes = warzone for hunters.. Approach her as soon as you see her.. The usage of elbows is allowed.. Even when you mark the territory there will always THAT guy who seems drunk, but in reality is sober enough to know what he's doing and will try to butt in.. Guys like me will be roaming around hitting on EVERYTHING that moves.. 99 times we'll get shot down but there is always that one.. On party's like these we know no shame

NiKKoM said:
Do we need to talk about saturday? The day she might be or not be on the party? You're good to go? Remember.. Party + alcohol + costumes = warzone for hunters.. Approach her as soon as you see her.. The usage of elbows is allowed.. Even when you mark the territory there will always THAT guy who seems drunk, but in reality is sober enough to know what he's doing and will try to butt in.. Guys like me will be roaming around hitting on EVERYTHING that moves.. 99 times we'll get shot down but there is always that one.. On party's like these we know no shame

My thought was approaching her today and A) asking if she was going and B) if so, asking if she wanted to stitch together a taxi-pool, cut the costs of getting home without having to DUI, since we live in the same neighborhood (and her roommate, possibly. Don't know if she's going too, so it wouldn't just be her and me, maybe).

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

My thought was approaching her today and A) asking if she was going and B) if so, asking if she wanted to stitch together a taxi-pool, cut the costs of getting home without having to DUI, since we live in the same neighborhood (and her roommate, possibly. Don't know if she's going too, so it wouldn't just be her and me, maybe).

lol.. practical... but such a cheapass.. . you remind me of a friend who complains he can't get a date and doesn't meet nice girls.. When I say lets go for lunch he always says: "lets eat at my place, its easier and its cheaper"  He doesn't seems to realize you have actually go outside to meet new people.. Some of my female friends complained that I spended more time lunching with girls then studying.. I say it was 50 - 50. One teacher understood me and didn't mind if I got back in class 10 to 15 minutes late..

Anyway, this is the sentence to end that cab ride: "want to come in for a coffee?"
You see how great coffee is? ..Coffee.. learn to drink it..

Man just meet with her at it. And just go for it, its like flipping a coin heads you win tails you loose, but what do you loose? Nothing. What do you win, what you want,my advice is just go for it, if you get rejected how bad, or if your shy as you say you are look for signs, like does she keep looking at you, definitely if she keeps touching you with your hand. But that's all hear say, So to sum up go for it and you'll find out, either way you got your answer, it's better to know and fail than to never try and never know and don't use chat up lines,

old skool

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
Mr Khan said:

lol.. practical... but such a cheapass.. . you remind me of a friend who complains he can't get a date and doesn't meet nice girls.. When I say lets go for lunch he always says: "lets eat at my place, its easier and its cheaper"  He doesn't seems to realize you have actually go outside to meet new people.. Some of my female friends complained that I spended more time lunching with girls then studying.. I say it was 50 - 50. One teacher understood me and didn't mind if I got back in class 10 to 15 minutes late..

Anyway, this is the sentence to end that cab ride: "want to come in for a coffee?"
You see how great coffee is? ..Coffee.. learn to drink it..

I wandered around giving out free candy today (she happened to be included, but that was just a fringe benefit), so i've established myself as the anti-cheap.

(she was quite receptive to that, by the way, and going out of her way to mention my costume to a girl she was talking with when i interrupted with my offer of candy)

Mr Khan said:

I wandered around giving out free candy today (she happened to be included, but that was just a fringe benefit), so i've established myself as the anti-cheap.

(she was quite receptive to that, by the way, and going out of her way to mention my costume to a girl she was talking with when i interrupted with my offer of candy)

Wait.. You talked to her today? Does she go to the party? Why aren't you having coffee with her? Do i need to slap you? 

NiKKoM said:
Mr Khan said:

Wait.. You talked to her today? Does she go to the party? Why aren't you having coffee with her? Do i need to slap you? 

No, this was before the last post i made, about 10:30 this morning (now 7:17 PM where i'm typing), the middle of her econ class and so i didn't get a chance to move the conversation the other way (caught her on the way back from break).

Tried to catch her on the way *out* of that class, but my lurk powers failed me, then other chances later in the day didn't work out (i would've had to hang out a LONG time after my 3 o'clock)

Mr Khan said:
NiKKoM said:

No, this was before the last post i made, about 10:30 this morning (now 7:17 PM where i'm typing), the middle of her econ class and so i didn't get a chance to move the conversation the other way (caught her on the way back from break).

Tried to catch her on the way *out* of that class, but my lurk powers failed me, then other chances later in the day didn't work out (i would've had to hang out a LONG time after my 3 o'clock)

Alright.. I just giving you a heads up, not trying to pressure you.. But all these casual chit chat with her will lead you to the friendzone.. There will be a point in time when she will think: "he's nice but i don't know if he's interested in me.. We talked a few times but thats it"  at some point you'll have to make the coffee thing happen. Cause it shows interest in her. What the next step beyond that is doesn't matter right now. The more you two talk without you pushing for the coffee, aka doing something with just the two of you,  the more she will think your not interested in her as a potential lover but as a friend.. And you are actually right at the frontdoor with that cause she has agreed to it already.. Just ring again so she opens the door..

The pain of being in love with someone you know well while she just sees you as a friend is more painfull then a rejection with someone you have an attraction to..  ( now is the time for trashleg to come in and comfort me for a while)

NiKKoM said:
Mr Khan said:
NiKKoM said:

Alright.. I just giving you a heads up, not trying to pressure you.. But all these casual chit chat with her will lead you to the friendzone.. There will be a point in time when she will think: "he's nice but i don't know if he's interested in me.. We talked a few times but thats it"  at some point you'll have to make the coffee thing happen. Cause it shows interest in her. What the next step beyond that is doesn't matter right now. The more you two talk without you pushing for the coffee, aka doing something with just the two of you,  the more she will think your not interested in her as a potential lover but as a friend.. And you are actually right at the frontdoor with that cause she has agreed to it already.. Just ring again so she opens the door..

The pain of being in love with someone you know well while she just sees you as a friend is more painfull then a rejection with someone you have an attraction to..  ( now is the time for trashleg to come in and comfort me for a while)

(Grumbles)

I know, i know. That's why i did want to move quicker with that, before we got to know each other as friends.

Although a bit more chitchat has made me more confident. So long as she is actually at this party, i think i've got this.