By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Exposed: The Secret Mailing List of the Gaming Journalism Elite....huh? Wow!

spurgeonryan said:
DD_Bwest said:
can we stop calling it journalism? there is very little, if anything remotely close to journalism within the gaming media mass.

What should we call them? Writers, propogandists?

It's simply "gaming media", much like those political entertainment programs that make no bones about playing to one side or the other.  It's all just media intended to produce a profit, the same as Wheel of Fortune or A Game of Thrones.  The difference is, one type is obviously for simple enjoyment while the other tries to convince us that it's real and can be trusted.

Around the Network

Decent journalism anywhere has ceased to exist since the internet and especially social media came to prominence.

Can we believe in any of this?

Seriously, I don't this site.

No wonder so much game sites review the same game with pretty similar scores. I always found it odd that so many "unique" individuals can all come to so close of a conclusion on so many titles.

Thanks jlmurph!

Around the Network

Nothing new... Will they take the matter to a supervising board and had people lose their license to spread BS?

When we cover Kardashian and other famous people it's fine to dig all their dirty and expose to everyone, but since a fellow "journalist" have been caught doing wrong things let's just bury it.

And are we really surprised that Polygon and Kotaku is full of dirty?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

spurgeonryan said:
DD_Bwest said:
can we stop calling it journalism? there is very little, if anything remotely close to journalism within the gaming media mass.

What should we call them? Writers, propogandists?

Dictators.

The day IGN gave MW3 a 9, I knew something was wrong..

This is why I don't like modern journalism. I hope I can change it when I become a Journalist.

This is typical Breitbart.com clickbait. The breathless headline promises some kind of massive conspiracy blown wide open, while the story is... that a few people who blog about games apparently talk to each other.