By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Pachter: Microsoft is preparing for life after Xbox

todd2r said:
I agree with him. Im 33 and have gamed since the Atari 2600. Consoles will be obsolete in the future, at least in the traditional sense that we all think of. By the end of this generation, you will see a disc-less ps4 and Xbox One. That's just the start.

I do not agree with him.  I'm 42 and have gamed since PONG.  And you are wrong.  Oh, you're banned.  That explains it.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
It seems like a miracle is about to happen and patcher will be right for once.

YOUR SIG ! :)) Can't wait :))

Having the same spec as a console doesn't equal performance of games.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

wyluzuj said:
DonFerrari said:
It seems like a miracle is about to happen and patcher will be right for once.

YOUR SIG ! :)) Can't wait :))

Me neither... Now he is talking about x1 isn't losing to ps4 until ps4 have 1.2x the install base of x1 in USA and he will keep doing his threads up until that happens.

And about gt6 quality on smartphone, I'll eagerly wait for a dev (ea or turn 10) to invest 100M on a 1 USD game, never see the profit so we can shut that door and get back to our consoles.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Ok Pachter. I'll play with my amazing Xbox One. While you keep talking

Around the Network
wyluzuj said:
nanarchy said:

sorry I misread you then. I took it as you believing it would be from 2 generations of console earlier. basically in 2 years we should see phone chips equal to this gens consoles processing power.

So waht?

By this logic an iPhone 4, 5 and 6 (or equal Andrioid smartphones) have more processing power than the old PS3 and X360.

NOW show me the mobile games which are equivalent to console games like: TLOU, GTA V, Gears Of War, Forza Motorsport, Uncharted and so on on !

Should be not be a problem beaucse those smartphones have equal or even double power of the last-gen consoles ...

power is one thing, usage of the power (=GAMES) is the other.

And last but not least the HEAT (!) an smartphone would burn if it run a game like TLOU or Gears over several hours, it has no cooler nor fans to run at the max CPU/GPU power over a longer time.

I don't really get comments like this.

Their are games like Bioshock on smartphones. 

GamechaserBE said:
wyluzuj said:

So waht?

By this logic an iPhone 4, 5 and 6 (or equal Andrioid smartphones) have more processing power than the old PS3 and X360.

NOW show me the mobile games which are equivalent to console games like: TLOU, GTA V, Gears Of War, Forza Motorsport, Uncharted and so on on !

Should be not be a problem beaucse those smartphones have equal or even double power of the last-gen consoles ...

power is one thing, usage of the power (=GAMES) is the other.

And last but not least the HEAT (!) an smartphone would burn if it run a game like TLOU or Gears over several hours, it has no cooler nor fans to run at the max CPU/GPU power over a longer time.

So you think the X360 and the iOS Version are equal in terms of Resolution and Graphics ? :)

Just watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-Zjd6jTmTU

wyluzuj said:
GamechaserBE said:

So you think the X360 and the iOS Version are equal in terms of Resolution and Graphics ? :)

Just watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-Zjd6jTmTU

Where did I said that?

I find it very impressive how it looks on a smartphone from 2012. Especially when phones from 2009-2010 were having issues with Final Fantasy I...

Hardware wise they could port it easy like it is on the Xbox 360. 

Two things people love to say on Vgchartz

-  Smartphone/mobile gaming does not hurt consoles!

-Then you go into the Japan sales threads and you see people agree that Japanese smartphone/mobile gaming hurt consoles a lot in fact from less than 10% in 09-10 to around 50% of gaming market revenue in Japan is made by smart phone/mobile gaming..

-  Sorry but their are no interesting games on smartphones/mobiles...

But everytime Nikkom opens a thread because their is a new game coming to IOS you see people complain that the game is not coming to consoles/handhelds....    (ok not always because their are some bad games)..   Square Enix is king it, they are pusying the mobile gaming market hard...in fact with their Dive in program you can play games as Final Fantasy XIII on IOS:  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GLnmuGgVG4

I come from an generation that remembers 'LMAO FPS games will never work on Consoles', I would not be surprised that in the early future we see people play a lot of FPS games on Smartphones/Tablets...

"mobile gaming isnt real gaming"
Get the f@$k out of herewith that nonsense, gaming is gaming.

If more people move towards mobile for their gaming fix, then its only freaking logical that somewhere down the line it will impact the standard console market.

And in 2 generations consoles will be even more powerfull than smartphones, consoles will be here to stay. You buy a new console to play good graphics with high budget AAA experiences every 5 years just like you buy a new grapicscard every 5 to 6 years. Buying a smartphone automaticly buys you the small formfactor and touch display, consoles can be as large as possible and way cheaper for the performance they offfer. 400 bucks ps4 beats every abdroid device outthere and is cheaper.

The strongest apple tablet is a hell lot weaker than the ps4 and costs what? 700€?