By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny grosses over $325 million worldwide in first five days

Everyone can downplay this figure, but the fact remains that it is the biggest new IP launch in history. Yes GTAV did $800M Day 1, but Destiny is a new IP.
I knew everyone would be saying 'wtf $500M though" but as stated earlier that was shipped to retailers, this is to consumers.

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Fir comparison I think Halo 3 and Halo 4 each managed about 300m in the same time frame on one platform.

So they did outsell Halo? With a new IP? Well, that's an achievement for sure.

I doubt Activision even expected to make back their 500m investment with one game. They were trying to build a franchise. I'm sure Destiny has performed above their expectations with these sort of numbers.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

kowenicki said:
torok said:
kowenicki said:
Fir comparison I think Halo 3 and Halo 4 each managed about 300m in the same time frame on one platform.

So they did outsell Halo? With a new IP? Well, that's an achievement for sure.

On 4 platforms yes.  On just one?  not even close.

Of course, but even then it's impressive: new IP vs series with 6 games. Can't wait for the numbers!

kowenicki said:
bananaking21 said:

this guy doesnt believe it will have a 3rd game. even though its the biggest new ip in history.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6683229

and that's downplaying? If you say so.

Destiny is a game that will continually add new content before new iterations of the main game.

so there MAY be 2, 3 or even 4... but I doubt it. Certainly Bungie wont be involved for later versions, no chance.

??? Bungie owns the the IP....